Edit/Approval: OR - Swiftwick Pursuit Seven Socks - Kathy Waters

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2013
      Hi Kathy,

      Thanks for the sock review. I need to check these out as I have to wear compression socks now. Just a few edits for you after which you may place it at:

      Reviews > Clothing > Socks > Swiftwick Pursuit Seven Socks

      Ray

      ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.

      EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

      *** On backpacking trips, I worn the socks with mid-height boots,

      EDIT: wore

      *** Fortunately, thanks to our high desert climate, the night times cool down

      Edit: I think "the nighttime cools down" is proper

      ***The Pursuit Seven is a "light compression" sock that Swiftwick claims will promotes blood flow,

      EDIT: either delete "will" or drop the "s" from promotes

      *** Wool is a fantastic natural fiber that I come to rely on in the hottest of the hot weather. It's no warmer than any other fabric - actually, it's cooler than a lot of
      synthetics - AND it wicks away my inevitable sweat like no other fabric does. Wool is hydrophilic and pulls moisture away from my tootsies keeping them dry.

      Edit: actually you are right that it is hydrophilic, but that means it absorbs moisture. (Almost 1/3 its weight) There are many better wicking fabrics (hydrophobic) than wool, including all synthetics. Most 100% wool socks are worn with a wicking liner. Wool socks meant to wick also use a blend of synthetic fibers to accomplish this (as Swiftwick does). You may want to reword that.
    • richardglyon@att.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2013
        Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."

        Richard

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2013
          Ah yes you are correct, thanks.

          But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

          Ray

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

          > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
          >
          > Richard
          >
          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
          > >

          > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
          > >
          > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

        • Kathy Waters
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013

            Ray,

            Made the correction, including the rewording about how wool handles sweat!  Deleted the test file and uploaded the corrected one.  You should check out these socks, definitely.  I have a few compression socks now and these don’t feel as constrictive as some of the others.  But then again, I don’t really “need” compression socks, you might need more tightness because of your ankle.

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013

              I actually left this as it was.  “Compliments of”  is used as “formal and respectful recognition” of the attributes, not “in praise of”.  (see Merriam-webster.com)

              Kathy

              But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

              Ray

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

              > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
              >
              > Richard
              >
              > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
              > >

              > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
              > >
              > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

            • chcoa

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 10, 2013

                  Jamie,

                  Whoops!  Fixed it and also fixed the GSI Wine Carafe as well.

                  Kathy