RE: New yahoo format?

  • starnescr
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
       I think Ryan was more interested in how to click on tester status from yahoo groups.  It was a clickable link in the header on the old yahoo groups page, for us that got snookered with this neo crap, it is gone.

      --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com, <kathy@...> wrote:

      Maybe aggravating to have to log-in but it’s for the protection of the testers. E-mail addresses are clickable.

      Kathy

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
        It would have been nice if they would have sent us guinea pigs a message about it.  I mean some people love being part of the testing for things like this, I don't.  I use the yahoo groups to get things done not just to goof so I would have declined.  Ah well. I guess I should be used to having no say, the gov. does it all the time with my money!!  :)

        Jamie D.

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

         Jamie, apparently they decided to test this on a few of us.  Notice your address says yahoo.com/neo/groups.  The neo is the clue you are one of the guinneypigs.  Personally, I hate it Coy Boy  --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com , <jdeben@...> wrote: Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
          I agree with "if it ain't broke Ray.  But different could be an improvement.  Yahoo groups does have some short-cummings that FB offers.  I think are just trying to keep up with other social sites.

          jamie d

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Well I complained and am back to normal now, plus got a couple emails saying that maybe I need to get with the program. Embrace "progress" Grow with the times...

          I prefer the "if it ain't broke" philosophy myself.

          Ray
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
            To the left of your screen you should see a list of your groups.  Groups Home is what mine says.  Although, I didn't have that until I logged into yahoo that last time.  Now it automatically came up this time.

            jamie