Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: New yahoo format?

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
      I was able to have a decent format by disabling rich text format in hotmail.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 31, 2013, at 8:39 PM, "Mike Mosack" <mosack@...> wrote:

      > Ray et al,
      > I see that I was not the only one who had a posting that was all bunched up. Is this the norm now or is there a setting I need to change with the new version to have the postings retain their format (paragraphs and sentence breaks, etc.)
      > Mike

    • bigdawgryan
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
        How does one get to the Test Administration page now?

        Thanks, Ryan

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        This is horrible. And they think it is better why?

        Ray

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com , <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D

      • starnescr
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
           Log onto backpackgeartest.org. And you will see a link on the left under documents. Won't show unless you log in though.  Aggravating to have to do it this way for sure.
          Coy Boy

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          How does one get to the Test Administration page now?

          Thanks, Ryan

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com , < backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com > wrote:

          This is horrible. And they think it is better why?

          Ray

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com , <jdeben@...> wrote:

          > Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D

        • Kathy Waters
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
            Same as before. Log-in at www.backpackgeartest.org and click on the TesterAdministration page in the left column.

            The Yahoo Groups stuff has nothing to do with the BGT website. Nothings changed there though I’m working on it J

            Kathy

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
              Maybe aggravating to have to log-in but it’s for the protection of the testers. E-mail addresses are clickable.

              Kathy

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                 I think Ryan was more interested in how to click on tester status from yahoo groups.  It was a clickable link in the header on the old yahoo groups page, for us that got snookered with this neo crap, it is gone.

                --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com, <kathy@...> wrote:

                Maybe aggravating to have to log-in but it’s for the protection of the testers. E-mail addresses are clickable.

                Kathy

                Log onto backpackgeartest.org. And you will see a link on the left under documents. Won't show unless you log in though. Aggravating to have to do it this way for sure.

                Coy Boy

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com> , < backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:backpackgeartest%40yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

                How does one get to the Test Administration page now?

                Thanks, Ryan

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com> , < backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:backpackgeartest%40yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

                This is horrible. And they think it is better why?

                Ray

                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com> , <jdeben@...> wrote:

                > Whoa! What the heck Yahoo? That's a crazy change to the format. It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group. And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear. ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D

              • chcoa
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                  It would have been nice if they would have sent us guinea pigs a message about it.  I mean some people love being part of the testing for things like this, I don't.  I use the yahoo groups to get things done not just to goof so I would have declined.  Ah well. I guess I should be used to having no say, the gov. does it all the time with my money!!  :)

                  Jamie D.

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                   Jamie, apparently they decided to test this on a few of us.  Notice your address says yahoo.com/neo/groups.  The neo is the clue you are one of the guinneypigs.  Personally, I hate it Coy Boy  --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com , <jdeben@...> wrote: Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D
                • chcoa

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                      To the left of your screen you should see a list of your groups.  Groups Home is what mine says.  Although, I didn't have that until I logged into yahoo that last time.  Now it automatically came up this time.

                      jamie