New yahoo format?

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 28, 2013
      Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D
    • starnescr
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 29, 2013
         Jamie, apparently they decided to test this on a few of us.  Notice your address says yahoo.com/neo/groups.  The neo is the clue you are one of the guinneypigs.  Personally, I hate it Coy Boy  --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com, <jdeben@...> wrote: Whoa!  What the heck Yahoo?  That's a crazy change to the format.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group.  And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear.  ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D
      • Kathy Waters
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 29, 2013
          Glad you mentioned the “neo” part, Coy, because (thank you, Yahoo) for now, at least, I’m still seeing the “old” Yahoo. Please, if it is that bad, COMPLAIN! I don’t know why change is made just for the heck of it (it seems to me)!

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 29, 2013
             Kathy, I did complain about a week ago that I could not get links to open in messages.  Now they work.  Little did I know the fix would be so bad.   PS. Oh and I did complain on about the new format on Facebook.   Guess that is not the proper place though.... Coy Boy  --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com, <kathy@...> wrote: Glad you mentioned the “neo” part, Coy, because (thank you, Yahoo) for now, at least, I’m still seeing the “old” Yahoo. Please, if it is that bad, COMPLAIN! I don’t know why change is made just for the heck of it (it seems to me)!

            Kathy

            Jamie, apparently they decided to test this on a few of us. Notice your address says yahoo.com/neo/groups. The neo is the clue you are one of the guinneypigs. Personally, I hate it Coy Boy --- In backpackgeartest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:backpackgeartest%40yahoogroups.com> , <jdeben@...> wrote: Whoa! What the heck Yahoo? That's a crazy change to the format. It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to post in the group. And I'm guessing we didn't pick that picture at the top since we don't test mountain biking gear. ARe they just monkeying with our group or did other get hit too? Jamie D

          • Ray
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 30, 2013
              This is horrible. And they think it is better why?

              Ray

            • richardglyon@att.net
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
                There is a notion popular among software providers that any change is an upgrade. I'm afraid that's going to be the explanation from Yahoo.

                Richard

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
                  Yeah, like IE 8! Half my banking/online payment websites don't work under
                  it. A royal pain!

                  Kathy

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
                    Well I complained and am back to normal now, plus got a couple emails saying that maybe I need to get with the program. Embrace "progress" Grow with the times...

                    I prefer the "if it ain't broke" philosophy myself.

                    Ray
                  • Mike Mosack
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
                      Ray et al,
                      I see that I was not the only one who had a posting that was all bunched up. Is this the norm now or is there a setting I need to change with the new version to have the postings retain their format (paragraphs and sentence breaks, etc.)
                      Mike

                      Well I complained and am back to normal now, plus got a couple emails saying that maybe I need to get with the program. Embrace "progress" Grow with the times...

                      I prefer the "if it ain't broke" philosophy myself.

                    • Brett Haydin
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
                        I was able to have a decent format by disabling rich text format in hotmail.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Aug 31, 2013, at 8:39 PM, "Mike Mosack" <mosack@...> wrote:

                        > Ray et al,
                        > I see that I was not the only one who had a posting that was all bunched up. Is this the norm now or is there a setting I need to change with the new version to have the postings retain their format (paragraphs and sentence breaks, etc.)
                        > Mike

                      • bigdawgryan
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                          How does one get to the Test Administration page now?

                          Thanks, Ryan

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                             Log onto backpackgeartest.org. And you will see a link on the left under documents. Won't show unless you log in though.  Aggravating to have to do it this way for sure.
                            Coy Boy

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                              Same as before. Log-in at www.backpackgeartest.org and click on the TesterAdministration page in the left column.

                              The Yahoo Groups stuff has nothing to do with the BGT website. Nothings changed there though I’m working on it J

                              Kathy

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                                Maybe aggravating to have to log-in but it’s for the protection of the testers. E-mail addresses are clickable.

                                Kathy

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                                   I think Ryan was more interested in how to click on tester status from yahoo groups.  It was a clickable link in the header on the old yahoo groups page, for us that got snookered with this neo crap, it is gone.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                                    It would have been nice if they would have sent us guinea pigs a message about it.  I mean some people love being part of the testing for things like this, I don't.  I use the yahoo groups to get things done not just to goof so I would have declined.  Ah well. I guess I should be used to having no say, the gov. does it all the time with my money!!  :)

                                    Jamie D.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 2, 2013
                                        To the left of your screen you should see a list of your groups.  Groups Home is what mine says.  Although, I didn't have that until I logged into yahoo that last time.  Now it automatically came up this time.

                                        jamie