EdIT - Outdoor Research Rocky Mountain Low Gaiters - Josh Breslow

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2013
      Josh,

      Thanks for reposting. Almost ready to approve, but you need to revise to conform to three BGT conventions.

      First, try to avoid second person usage ("you" and "your"). We don't allow what we call projection – speculating about what the product might do in circumstances not encountered by the writer. I counted seven instances of second person usage that you should change to first person – I, me, or my. It won't change the meaning of your Review and it will read in accordance with our rules.

      Second, we require some specificity in reporting Field Conditions. Phrases like "hot weather" depend on location and season – here in Montana in August it would indicate anything over 90 F, but I expect what you experienced in the Anza Borrego was hotter than that. We don't expect you to carry a thermometer and record highs and lows, but we need a range (e g, "100-110 F (98-43 C)"). Please revise accordingly.

      Finally, BGT requires at least one photograph in every Owner Review or Test Series. For your first OR it may be a backyard photo – though your description is clear a picture showing how the gaiters attach would help your readers. Let me know if you have any issues with uploading a picture.

      I also have some additional specific edits, in the same EDIT/Edit format as before:

      ###I mostly take weekend trips to the San Bernadino mountains ###
      EDIT: Mountains [With an initial cap, as it's a place name]

      ### (depending on how you put them on) is an 1 in X 8.5 in (2.54 cm X 21.59 cm)###
      EDIT: Change "an" to "a"

      ##With my shoes and socks cleaner, I noticed less chance of developing blisters or hot-spots from friction that debris would have caused.###
      Edit: hot spots [two words, no need for the hyphen]

      Please repost as before, with a tinyurl link to the html version.

      Thanks, Richard