Addendumn - Columbia Peak Power Shell - Jamie D

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
      Here's the html
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/Addendumn%20-%20Peak%20Power%20Shell%20-%20Jamie%20D/

      Thanks
      Jamie D

      ---------------------------- Addendum as of July 31st, 2013 --------------------------------------

      After the official completion of this test series back in November of 2011 I've continued to use the Columbia Women's Peak Power Shell on several other outings (about six that I can recall) and as promised it's time for and update.

      The most significant trips was in July 2012. My family and I headed up to Prescott, AZ (elev. 5,300ft/) for a three day weekend of fishing and hiking. The weather was rainy all weekend, in fact, the Saturday we were there happened to be the day with the highest precipitation total of the whole year. We loved it! I wore the Peak Power Shell for several hours on both days anytime we were outside. On Saturday we hiked around Willow Creek Reservoir, temperatures were in the mid 60's F ( C) with winds as high as 25 mph ( kph).

      The jacket was fabulous. I felt like I was living in the darn thing I had it on so often. Thankfully, it was decent accommodations, better than our motel, but let's not go there. Although the Power Shell has always been a bit stiff, the material just isn't the type that gets all snuggly over time, it works. Whether I was plodding along the shore with my daypack on or lugging duffle bags across a wet parking lot, the jacket functioned with me. It's so breathable I never once felt clammy. I was very pleased this was the rain shell I chose to bring along.

      On our last day of the trip we took a drive up in to the nearby Bradshaw Mountains (elev. 6,300 ft/ m) for another hike. The weather was really soggy while we were up there and since we gained a bit of elevation the temperature dropped nicely. I'm guessing it was in the upper 50's (13 C). We were on the trail for about 2 hours. I had to wear the Peak Power Shell the entire time for warmth as well as rain protection. Knowing the hood had given me trouble in the past I decided to wear a ball cap to help keep the beak up a bit and hopefully give me a little more visibility range. I think it helped. I felt like I had better peripheral clarity. Unfortunately, during my efforts to re-adjust the hood around my cap, I broke one of the stretchy draw cords that cinch the hood up tightly. Such a bummer! I haven't looked into getting it repaired yet, although I really need to because the hood's effectiveness is drastically diminished without those cords.

      - Jamie J. DeBenedetto – 2013
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2013
        Hi Jamie,

        Thanks for the update. Nothing like a rainy year to help a shell test. Just a few edits for you, most just missing conversions.

        Ray

        *** as promised it's time for and update.

        EDIT: for "an" update.

        *** My family and I headed up to Prescott, AZ (elev. 5,300ft/)

        EDIT: missing Metric conversion

        *** On Saturday we hiked around Willow Creek Reservoir, temperatures were in the mid 60's F ( C) with winds as high as 25 mph ( kph).

        EDIT: missing Metric conversions

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 11, 2013
          Thank you Ray. Uploading to bgt now.

          jamie d

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 11, 2013
            I lied. I need the power to upload first, please????

            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain%20Gear/Jackets%20and%20Pants/Columbia%20Peak%202%20Peak%20or%20Peak%20Power/

            Thank you.
            Jamie D

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...> wrote:

            > Thank you Ray. Uploading to bgt now.
            >
            > jamie d

          • Ray
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 13, 2013
              It should work, let me know if not still.

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 14, 2013
                No go. The old one is still there without a delete button.

                jamie d

                > It should work, let me know if not still.
                >
                > Ray

              • Ray
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 14, 2013
                  I don't know what is wrong. It is set to allow uploads and I am set as the monitor.

                  Kathy?

                  Ray

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...> wrote:

                  > No go. The old one is still there without a delete button.
                  >
                  > jamie d
                  >
                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > It should work, let me know if not still.
                  > >
                  > > Ray

                • Ray
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 14, 2013
                    Hmm, I just went to look and now they are ALL gone. I never deleted anything, just turned the Uploads on.

                    Dang,

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 19, 2013
                      Hi Ray,

                      It looks like the reports are back, that's good. But mine is still there. Did something change with the folder process? It used to be that any mod could delete an old report.