Edit/Approval - Kershaw Blackout knives- Ray Estrella

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2013
      Ray,

      Yet another BP! After revising you may upload to the existing file.

      Cheers, Richard

      ###While the standard has a full straight blade, the Serrated has a partially-serrated blade ###
      Edit: The hyphen is unnecessary – "partially serrated"

      ###As may be seen above, the serrations occupy just over the first one/third of the blade.###
      EDIT: one-third [hyphen when written out. Or 1/3]

      ###The knurling on the handles keeps the nylon from getting to slick with wet or sweaty hands.###
      EDIT: too slick

      ###For a left-handed user to be able to do a one-handed removal and opening they
      would need to have it on the outside of their pocket, or on a belt. ###
      Edit: he or she would need [Or if you are politically incorrect, "he." "a left-handed user" is singular.]

      ###My knife was a mess. Then my towl was...###
      EDIT: towel [spelling. I vaguely recall that a brand of camp towel is spelled without the e; if that's what you mean you should capitalize it and identify its manufacturer.]

      ### (which a phone call inquiring into buying a replacement resulted in them sending me three replacements free, great CS!) ###
      Edit: I'd write out "customer service" for clarity

      ###But Onions always do that to me… ###
      Edit: no need to capitalize "Onions"
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        Thank you very much for the edits. Some day I will get that "who/whom" thing...

        All made except the last one. It is an inside joke for fans of Kershaw (who themselves play with it). The lead knife designer is named Ken Onion. Hence some play-on-words like the Kershaw Titanium Leek (had one, lost one, sob), and the Scallion. So it is a proper noun.

        Ray