Edit/Approval - Backpackers Pantry Cold Lunches - Ray Estrella

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
      Ray,

      A few Edits, mostly suggested clarifications, a couple of EDITs (maybe), and some Comments below. After revising, please delete your Tests/OR folder copy and the current Owner Review, and upload this one.

      Cheers, Richard

      ### MSRP: See below ###
      Edit: Consider adding a sentence to the effect that MSRP varies by product.

      ### Example net weight listed (Black Bean Salad): 4.8 oz (136 g)
      Actual gross weight (incl. packaging): 5.8 oz (164 g) ###
      Edit: Is this understatement (more than 20%) typical? If so, consider pointing that out. Might be due to your weighing ingredients and packaging and BP only the ingredients.

      ### They were also used on an overnighter on the North Country Trail at its western terminus at Lake Sakakawea State Park and for four days of hiking on the Maah Daah Hey Trail in Sully Creek State Park, the Little Missouri National Grasslands, and Theodore Roosevelt National Park (south unit) all in North Dakota. ###
      Edit: Add a comma before "all in."

      ###I take these meals when I know the temperatures are going to be extremely high. ###
      Edit: Can you be a bit more specific? How high is "extremely high?"

      ### I have been using freeze dried meals since 1978. ###
      Edit: freeze-dried [with a hyphen]

      ### Second is the fact that they are without a doubt the spiciest across-the-board brand of backpacking meals in my experience. ###
      Comment: Have you tried Cache Lake? Very tasty, in large part because of the higher spice and lower salt. Take a long time to cook, though.

      ### The bottom of the bag is pleated, which allows it to lay flat in a pack. ###
      EDIT: lie flat

      ### Serving Size: 1/2 package ###
      Edit/Comment: Is this BP's recommended serving size, or yours? On the Comment side, I think your Review would be more informative if you identified the amount you normally eat for lunch or dinner. A recommended two-person serving is usually just enough for only me.

      ### Then I stick a small Ziploc bag with shredded cheese, and once chopped hard-boiled egg, in the holder. ###
      EDIT/Edit: Do you mean "one chopped" egg, or an egg chopped one time?

      ###I used the same ingredients except for using the Italian cheeses with the pasta salad a few times. ###
      EDIT: Pasta Salad [name of the product and also for consistency]
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        Thank you for the edits. I made all of them, but the serving size is as I said, their figures. And I say many times in the review that I not only eat the entire package, but bolster it with other stuff.

        I may even update it again. They have a new flavor that I picked up but have not had a chance to use so I think I will go out Saturday in the rain and it would make a good dinner without having to fire up a stove.

        I have to go get my son's XTherm out of the gear room to get those missing measurements, so it may be a day or so before I get to the other OR.