Edit - Osprey Atmos 50 - Mark Zagarenski

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2013
      Mark,

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org, and thanks for your Owner Review. I'll be your editor. This is a great start at a first OR, and I look forward to working with you to get it ready for posting.

      My edits below are in standard BGT format:

      EDIT (all caps) – required change
      Edit (initial cap) – suggested change or request for clarification
      Comment – just that, no change required

      After revising you need to do two things. Post the html version of the Report in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder on BackpackGearTest.org, and post the plain text version here, with "Repost," the product name, and your name in the subject line, and with a tinyurl link to the html version in the body of your message. Note that we require at least one photograph in any Owner Review.

      Cheers, Richard Lyon
      BGT Editor

      ###EMAIL: kbogart99@...###
      Edit: Consider writing this out ["kbogart99 AT …"] to thwart spammers.

      ###Recently I have focused more shorter duration backpacking and long day hikes while tackling the 4,000 footers in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. ###
      Edit: "more shorter duration" reads somewhat awkwardly. Adding a hyphen [shorter-duration] would help.
      EDIT: Need a metric conversion for 4,000 footers. I'd approximate: 1200 m. [Don't worry about this taking you over the 100-word limit. That's also an approximation.

      ###Manufacturer: Osprey###
      EDIT: Here (but only here) BGT requires the proper legal name of the manufacturer: Osprey Packs, Inc.

      ###MSRP: US$199 (Hang tag price)###
      EDIT: Was this an Osprey hangtag? If so, indicate that. If not, delete this line, as BGT allows only the manufacturer's MSRP.

      ### Dimensions: In: 29 x 17 x 14 (Cm: 74 x 42 x 36) ###
      EDIT: cm [lower case c]

      ###Key Features: ###
      Comment: An excellent summary of the features.

      ###Adjustable harness -- A velcro attachment allowing for raising or lowering the
      harness with quick and easy adjustments.###
      EDIT: The owner of the Velcro trademark jealously protects it. Unless "Velcro" is indicated on the pack or on Osprey's website, change to "hook-and-loop." If it is genuine Velcro change to Velcro, with an initial cap.

      ### I purchased Osprey Atmos 50 in November 2012 to use on winter day hikes and for short 1 or 2 night backpacking trips. ###
      Edit: 1- or 2-night backpacking trips [with hyphens]

      ###My first couple hikes were with the pack were during snowfall while covering 10 miles (16.10 km) with a little over 4,000 feet (1219 meters) of elevation gain. My typical pack weight was approximately 20 lbs (9.07 kg).###
      EDIT: Delete the first "were" [after "hikes']
      Edit: The Imperial measurements are approximate, so I'd round off the metric conversions. Here, 16 km and 9 kg; check this throughout your Review.

      ###Overall the susspension allowed the load to be carried well balanced ###
      EDIT: suspension [spelling]

      ### I found the the mesh also allowed for using the hydration bladder ###
      EDIT: Delete the extra "the."

      ###Doing so allowed me to fill the mesh back panel with a hydration resovoir of ice water and kept me very cool for a few miles.###
      EDIT: reservoir [spelling]

      ###I used the Stowe and Go to hold my trekking poles###
      EDIT: Stow-on-the-Go. [Any trademarked term must be used exactly as the manufacturer does.]

      ###I tried the tool attachment & sleeping pad straps at my house. ###
      Edit: An ampersand (&) is ordinarily used only in proper names. I'd change to "and."

      ###The Atmos is top quality with an Almighty warranty for life.###
      EDIT: All Mighty Warranty [Another trademarked term – three words, each with an initial cap]

      ###Lifetime warrenty ###
      EDIT: warranty [Spelling. Here it needn't be capitalized.]