Edit/Approval: OR--HAMMOCK GEAR BURROW 50--STEVE KIDD

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
      Hi Steve,

      I will get this one out of the way for you before I head to work. I have a couple quilts with that fabric (or lighter) and it is pretty cool stuff, huh? I have quite a few edits for you. Once made the review can be placed at:

      Reviews > Sleep Gear > Quilts and Blankets > Hammock Gear Burrow 50 quilt

      See you down the trail,

      Ray

      *** Top quilts remove the insulation from the bottom,

      Edit: quilts don't have insulation on the bottom to remove as there is no "bottom" to a quilt or blanket. Maybe say compared to a sleeping bag it has no bottom, hood or closure.

      *** A top quilt is particularly useful for a hammock camper, as it is much easier to slide into than a traditional sleeping bag while suspended in mid-air.

      EDIT: A top quilt is particularly useful for "me as" a hammock camper, (avoid the projection)

      *** and a single snap closure at the head end with an additions drawstring closure.

      EDIT: with an "additional" or, with "the addition of a" drawstring closure.

      *** 1.1 oz per sq yd Ripstop nylon fabric,

      EDIT: no cap for "ripstop" and I believe we need the metric conversion for fabric weights

      *** My Burrow 50 *F has both a custom fabric and additional down added.

      EDIT: your asterisk is spaced, but really if you want to show "degrees" you should use the right symbol. 50° F (You can paste that in if you need)

      ***Adam, an owner of Hammock Gear suggested I use a fabric called 10D.

      EDIT: you need another comma after Gear

      ***It weighs 0.85 oz per sq yd.

      EDIT: need the metric conversion

      ***Adam and Jenny also made my quilt with a contrasting white stitch against the black 10D material.

      EDIT: stitching

      *** That is, the down incompletely segregated via a stitching pattern and no internal mesh separator is used.

      EDIT: something is missing here, maybe an "is" after "down". And I don't understand what "incompletely segregated" means. By being sewn into a pocket that does not allow the down to shift it seems to be completely segregated to me.

      *** I'd keep the quilt completely unsnapped in blanket mode and only lightly cover myself

      EDIT: covering

      ***That first night I slept with a Hammock Gear 20*F Incubator Under quilt,

      EDIT: under (no cap)

      *** I had an additional ounce of down added to this quilt, but the temperatures were lows were still nearly 8 degrees

      EDIT: but the low temperatures were still nearly 8 degrees

      *** I can't honestly say it'll be a key piece of winter gear, but at it's weight and mimimal packability

      EDIT: at "its" weight and "minimal" packability
    • ftroop94
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
        Ray,

        Thanks for all the edits. I was exhausted, but wanted to get it done, so I knew it would need some clean up!

        >>I have a couple quilts with that fabric (or lighter) and it is pretty cool stuff, huh?

        Comment: (or lighter)...If you can get your hands on some 7D, let me know...I can't sew, but I will buy the fabric!!! ;-)

        I have a buddy's daughter making me a M50 Outer/10D Inner UQ right now, and I can't wait to snuggle up in it!

        I have another HG TQ a tarp and some other hammock related Items I'll do OR's on whenever I have a few minutes to write!

        ~SMK