thank you Steve K - Re: OR--HAMMOCK HEAR BURROW 50F--STEVE KIDD

    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2013

      Editors Team Director
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 6:15 AM
        Hi Steve,

        I will get this one out of the way for you before I head to work. I have a couple quilts with that fabric (or lighter) and it is pretty cool stuff, huh? I have quite a few edits for you. Once made the review can be placed at:

        Reviews > Sleep Gear > Quilts and Blankets > Hammock Gear Burrow 50 quilt

        See you down the trail,

        Ray

        *** Top quilts remove the insulation from the bottom,

        Edit: quilts don't have insulation on the bottom to remove as there is no "bottom" to a quilt or blanket. Maybe say compared to a sleeping bag it has no bottom, hood or closure.

        *** A top quilt is particularly useful for a hammock camper, as it is much easier to slide into than a traditional sleeping bag while suspended in mid-air.

        EDIT: A top quilt is particularly useful for "me as" a hammock camper, (avoid the projection)

        *** and a single snap closure at the head end with an additions drawstring closure.

        EDIT: with an "additional" or, with "the addition of a" drawstring closure.

        *** 1.1 oz per sq yd Ripstop nylon fabric,

        EDIT: no cap for "ripstop" and I believe we need the metric conversion for fabric weights

        *** My Burrow 50 *F has both a custom fabric and additional down added.

        EDIT: your asterisk is spaced, but really if you want to show "degrees" you should use the right symbol. 50° F (You can paste that in if you need)

        ***Adam, an owner of Hammock Gear suggested I use a fabric called 10D.

        EDIT: you need another comma after Gear

        ***It weighs 0.85 oz per sq yd.

        EDIT: need the metric conversion

        ***Adam and Jenny also made my quilt with a contrasting white stitch against the black 10D material.

        EDIT: stitching

        *** That is, the down incompletely segregated via a stitching pattern and no internal mesh separator is used.

        EDIT: something is missing here, maybe an "is" after "down". And I don't understand what "incompletely segregated" means. By being sewn into a pocket that does not allow the down to shift it seems to be completely segregated to me.

        *** I'd keep the quilt completely unsnapped in blanket mode and only lightly cover myself

        EDIT: covering

        ***That first night I slept with a Hammock Gear 20*F Incubator Under quilt,

        EDIT: under (no cap)

        *** I had an additional ounce of down added to this quilt, but the temperatures were lows were still nearly 8 degrees

        EDIT: but the low temperatures were still nearly 8 degrees

        *** I can't honestly say it'll be a key piece of winter gear, but at it's weight and mimimal packability

        EDIT: at "its" weight and "minimal" packability
      • ftroop94
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 8:45 AM
          Ray,

          Thanks for all the edits. I was exhausted, but wanted to get it done, so I knew it would need some clean up!

          >>I have a couple quilts with that fabric (or lighter) and it is pretty cool stuff, huh?

          Comment: (or lighter)...If you can get your hands on some 7D, let me know...I can't sew, but I will buy the fabric!!! ;-)

          I have a buddy's daughter making me a M50 Outer/10D Inner UQ right now, and I can't wait to snuggle up in it!

          I have another HG TQ a tarp and some other hammock related Items I'll do OR's on whenever I have a few minutes to write!

          ~SMK