EDIT: - Vasque Breeze 2.0 GORE-TEX Boots - Davis Meschke

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2013
      Hello

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest and thank you for this, your first Owner Review. I will be your editor for this review. I see you have been working with a mentor, so you will probably already be used to edits following a format similar to this:

      EDIT: must be changed

      When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Include your name also please.

      Ray

      ***Manufacturer: Vasque

      EDIT: it is actually Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. (Vasque is just one of their brands)

      ***MSRP: US 159.99

      EDIT: as the Vasque website does not list MSRPs just show this as: N/A

      *** I have also used the boots walking to college classes or just going on a nice day hike to just escape. I have been using the boot almost constantly since I bought them in December 2010. In terms of taking care of the boot, it does not require much maintenance to keep looking new.

      EDIT: you keep jumping from singular (boot) to plural (boots, them) sometimes in the same sentence. You need to pick one way of talking about them and stick to it. (I suggest plural)

      *** As with any footwear, dirt wear and general every day wear will cause this boot to fade but not to any point where the boot's performance will suffer.

      EDIT: this is projection and speculation as you can't talk about "any" footwear unless you have experience with all of them ;-) Maybe say; As with all the other footwear I have hadÂ…

      ***Summary

      EDIT: actually this is your Review, not a summary. A summery summarizes the entire review. You really should have a Product Description section right after your Information section. I will email you a better set of lessons than our web site has.

      *** The laces pass through eight nylon loops before you I crossing them through one set of metal hooks,

      EDIT: not really sure what is going on here. You may want to reword this.

      *** I quite liked the non-slip hooks because it helps a lot when tying the boots and allows for tying a tighter knot.

      EDIT: here you jump from past tense (liked) to present (it helps). It is easy to do and I get this edit once in a while myself.

      ***A lot of the upper and lower part of the boot boasts Airmesh, which ended up being very nice in terms of ventilation and breathability

      Edit: you should explain what Airmesh is for the readers.

      ***The ankle up is supported with breathable Airmesh that is nicely padded.

      EDIT: the ankle "upper"