Edit/Approval - Sierra Designs Microlight - Alex Legg

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2013
      Alex,

      Thanks for keeping the ORs coming. A few edits in the standard BGT format: EDIT (all caps) a required change, Edit (initial cap) a suggested change or request for clarification, and Comment a comment, no change required.

      After revising, you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/cakjmvd

      Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      ###Shoe Size: 13 Mens###
      EDIT: Replace with your jacket or sport coat size.

      ### I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F. ###
      EDIT: Need metric and Celsius conversions.

      ###Measured Weight: 10.7 oz###
      EDIT: Need metric conversion.
      Edit: I'd indicate your size here. Up to you.

      ### Materials: 100% Polyester with DWR finish ###
      Edit: Does SD give any indication about what's in the materials? If so, consider adding a sentence or two.

      ### The Sierra Designs Microlight Men's Jacket is a microlight waterproof wind stopping jacket that packs down to a very manageable size.###
      Edit: wind-stopping (or windstopping)

      ###so that I could easily wear the jacket over multiple layers while on the long trail. ###
      EDIT: If it's the trail named the Long Trail, then "Long Trail." Otherwise OK.

      ### The hood has two drawstrings that can be cinched tightly to secure it on my head when the outside conditions would rather see me go without the head coverage. ###
      Edit: I find this sentence a bit awkward. "Outside conditions" can't see anything. Consider "when the outside conditions dictate no head coverage."

      ### The word microlight is also embroidered on the jacket down near the left wrist cuff. ###
      EDIT: Words as words – "microlight" in this sentence - should be set off with quotation marks or italics.

      ###Near the rear neck line there is a small loop ###
      Edit: neckline [one word]

      ###I have carried this jacket on numerous backpacking trips throughout Arizona and most recently in northern Colorado. ###
      EDIT: Please add an estimate of days worn or carried, or a time span (e g, the past two years).

      ### and the elevation ranged from 5,400 ft to 9,453 ft (1,646 m to 2,909 m). ###
      Edit: If the Imperial is an estimate, consider rounding off the metric (here, 1650 m). If exact, such as a summit, be exact. Here and elsewhere in your Review.

      ### and temperatures have ranged widely from 45 F to 105 F (7 C to 42 C).###
      EDIT: (7 C to 41 C)

      ### Some of the similar jackets I have worn pack down a lot smaller, but are also much more thin and not as strong feeling.###
      EDIT: much thinner

      ### I have felt 40 mph gusts that didn't bother me much. ###
      EDIT: Need the metric conversion.
    • alex
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        Thank you for your time and edits. I have made corrections and posted to the BGT site. I hope you're having fun out there in the springtime weather!

        -Alex Legg