Edit/Approval - Sling-Light Chair - Joe Schaffer

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2013
      Joe,

      Excellent OR, especially for me as I have considered one of these several times over the years. If you're interested in a lighter-weight alternative that requires even more gymnastics than you describe, take a look at my OR on the Kifaru Field Chair. A few minor edits below, in the standard BGT format:

      EDIT (all caps) – required change
      Edit (initial cap) – suggested change or request for clarification
      Comment – just that, no change required

      After revising you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/cdtackf Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      ### Summer trips last typically a week to 10 days; 40 lbs (18 kg), about half food related; ###
      EDIT: All BGT abbreviations are singular – 40 lb not 40 lbs. Please fix this throughout your Review.
      Edit: food-related [with a hyphen]

      ### Manufacturer: Freeform R & D ###
      EDIT: The manufacturer's name is in a different font than the rest of your Review. Please revise.

      ### The chair frame bottom serves as the front ground contact of about 12" (30.5 cm) wide.###
      Edit: Your Imperial measurement is an approximation so consider rounding off the metric to 30 cm.

      ### The Sling-Light was love at first sit! ##
      Comment: Fine choice of words!

      ### Thrusting toward the hissing animal seemed inappropriate and I found myself unable to respond in a manner showing any form of grace. ###
      Edit/Comment: Substituting "reptile" for "animal" might make the occasion sound more menacing.

      ### My rigging and 3,100 cid (50 L) bag weigh a scant 12 oz (340 g). ###
      EDIT: Either "3,100 cu in" or "3,100 in^3" The latter is BGT's official abbreviation [You'll find these at the foot of the Conversion Table on the website]; the former is more commonly used.

      ### the chair has indirectly lopped off over 2 lbs (.91 kg) of summer kit ###
      EDIT: Either "0.91 kg" or (better) "0.9 kg" You need to add the zero before the decimal point.
    • never2muchstuff
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21, 2013
        Thanks for your edits, Richard. I appreciate your remarks and assistance.

        (Your K chair review shows some good reasons to tote this type of chair. I like lighter; but I've got this obsession about not sitting on the ground...)

        Chairs! joe schaffer