Thank you Kendall Story Re: OWNER REVIEW - SALOMON QUEST 4D GTX HIKING BOOTS

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013

      Editors Team Director
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
        Hello Kendall,

        Welcome to BackpackGearTest and thank you for this, your first Owner Review. I will be your editor for this review. Your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

        EDIT: must be changed

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Include your name also please.

        Please notice the form that the review should take in the "Examples", you may also wish to browse the reviews of other experienced members for examples of the proper form.

        A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

        Ray

        ***OR

        EDIT: please spell out Owner Review as the readers may not know what "OR" means. (This is fine here at the group site to cut down on words in the subject line.)

        ***LOCATION: Orick, CA

        EDIT: please spell out the state for the benefit of our international readers

        ***Manufacturer: Salomon

        EDIT: here we want the actual legal name: Salomon SAS

        ***Listed Weight: 41.5 oz (1177 g)

        Edit: where are you finding a listed weight? I can't find one on the Solomon site. Was it on the box?

        ***Other COlors Available: Brown, Gray

        EDIT: change "o" in colors to lower case

        •Split suede leather and nylon mesh uppers
        •Seam-sealed Gore-Tex® membranes
        •Rubber toe caps and heel slings
        •Padded, gusseted tongues
        •Wicking polyester linings
        •Removable Ortholite® footbeds
        •Dual-density EVA midsoles
        •4D Advanced Chassis™ thermoplastic urethane midsole
        •Contagrip® rubber outsoles

        EDIT: the product description is an important part of our reviews. We ask that the item be described in your own words. We do not want (or allow) the description just to be pasted in from the manufacturer's web site. I will send you a better set of lessons that explain the process much better than the current ones. Also look at the reviews already published by veteran writers for examples of what is wanted.

        I will stop here and let you go through the guide. Apply what you learn to not only the description but the rest of your review also. When you have gone through your review REPOST here and we will carry on.
      • kenadle
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
          Thanks for the Edits. I'll be out of town the next few days so I might not get to this until next week. Thanks!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
            RAY - Kendall Story(1) - SALOMON QUEST 4D GTX HIKING BOOTS W – Posted Apr 12 (msg#82068), Taken Apr 25, Edit Apr 25(82105), Follow-up Jun 2

            Hi Kendall,

            I hope we didn't scare you off. Following a review of our Owner Review queue at BackpackGearTest.org I noticed you have not responded to the Edit given for the above Owner's Review, which was posted by Ray back on April 25. Please refer to message number 82105 at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/messages

            Editors Team Director
          • Kendall Story
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
              I really wanted to make this work but I'm finding myself too busy to set
              aside time to do reviews. Hopefully circumstances will change and I can
              continue the review, but for now I need to put it on pause.

              Thanks!

              --
              Kendall Story

              "The More You Know The Less You Need"