EDIT - SealLine Boundary Pack - James Dillion Asher Jr.

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
      James,

      Much better, in fact the text is almost ready for approval. You still need some work on BGT protocols, however, so I must ask you to repost one more time.

      Regarding uploading the html version, it should go in the folder in the Tests category called "Owner Reviews." After posting, copy the url for that page, go to tinyurl.com and follow the prompts to make a tinyurl. Include that tinyurl in the body of the posting of the plain text to the list. See message number 82062 for an example.

      One way to avoid Yahooisms is to use a WYSIWYG [what you see is what you get] HTML program. The BGT Report Writer is available through our website; if (as I do) you use a Mac, Kompozer is a free download. Fixing the Yahooisms in your Report is beyond my limited computer competence, but you can get help at the BGT Upload Help Yahoo group.

      BGT requires at least one photograph in each Owner Review or Test Report, and I didn't see one in your OR. A WYSIWYG program makes uploading photos easy.

      I'm going to give all your edits, in the same EDIT/Edit/Comment format as before. Repost as before, with the html version in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder and a tinyurl link in the plain text you post here.

      Cheers, Richard

      ###SealLine Boundary Pack
      Owner Review by James Dillion Asher, Jr.###
      EDIT: Add the date as a third line, under your name, and delete it from the following section. Sorry, I missed this first time around.

      ###Weight: 145 lbs (65 kilos)###
      EDIT: Use the BGT conventions – 145 lb [singular] and 65 kg [not kilos]

      ###Listed weight: 3 lb 6oz (1530 g)###
      EDIT: Add a space between "6" and "oz"

      ###Dimensions: 12.5 in x 18.5 in x 30 in (32 cm x 47 cm x 76 cm)###
      EDIT: Another one I missed earlier. These are the listed dimensions and should be identified as such. Then you must add the dimensions as you measure them. Be sure to add Listed and Measured weights.

      ### Weather conditions for September 2011 were hot and humid at 80 to 95 deg F (27 to 35 deg C), ###
      EDIT: BGT protocol is never to use "degrees" or abbreviation or symbol for it when reporting temperatures. 80 to 95 F (27 to 35 C)

      ### Temperatures ranged from 25 to 90 deg F (-4 to 32 deg C) ###
      EDIT: Same – 25 to 90 F (-4 to 32 C)

      ### Weighing in at 32 lbs (14.5 kg) given the contents,###
      EDIT: As above – 32 lb

      ### the bag was strapped to the back of a motorcycle taxi and became a piece of weather-proof luggage for a two week journey across the country.###
      Edit: two-week [with a hyphen]

      ###The SealLine Boundary Pack is a rugged, durable, reliable and convenient top-loading weatherproof and waterproof backpack for short-range backpacking and/or outdoor activity under the most extreme environmental conditions.###
      Edit: A style thing, so up to you, but "and/or" is awkward. "or" means the same thing (A or B or both).

      ###2. Dry weight of 3lbs 6oz (1530g) means it's a bit on the heavy side.###
      EDIT: As above – spaces needed, always singular. 3 lb 6 oz (1530 g)
    • jdasherjr81
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2013
        Richard,

        Looks like I've gotten the hang of it this time, with one possible exception. Rather than including photos in my .html Kompozer file I opted to upload those separately in the Owner Reviews Upload section of the BGT website. When I viewed my review I didn't see them come up, so perhaps I should have included them in the .html file. I can make those changes and resubmit easily enough, and hopefully that should do it. Thanks so much for your continued patience and guidance!

        James Asher

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
          James,

          Please include them in the HTML version of your reposted OR, in the Files/Owner Reviews folder on the website. This will allow me to see your OR just as it will appear when it's uploaded after approval. Thanks,

          Richard