Edit/Approval - Dutchware Dutch Clips TI - Derek Hansen

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
      Derek,

      This is one of the best ORs I read in quite a while, made so by superlative pictures and very clear descriptions of how to use the product. It shows how reviews of gear some folks might think insignificant really enhance BGT. Thanks!

      Edits below in the standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format. After revising you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/cmpluw9

      Cheers, Richard

      ###DutchWare Gear -- Dutch Clip Ti ###
      EDIT: Though not entirely clear, it looks to me like Dutch Clips uses TI rather than Ti in the product description. Please revise throughout your Review.

      ### MSRP $18.00 USD ###
      Edit: Strictly speaking this is redundant – either $18.00 US [BGT preferred] or 18.00 USD.

      ### Dutch clips are meant to be used only with hammocks that have a 30 degree angle or sag in the suspension ###
      EDIT: Dutch Clips [Part of the product name and you capitalize it elsewhere, see next edit.]
      Edit: 30-degree [with a hyphen]

      ### The Dutch Clip is a smaller, lighter, and faster method that replaces the need for a carabiner but functions in exactly the same way. ###
      Edit: replaces a caribiner [doesn't replace a "need"]

      ### I participated in the Appalachian Trail Days and backpacked and camped along the Appalachian Trail every night (I only hiked about 2 miles (3 km) each day to return to town). I enjoyed the refreshing humidity and rain showers. ###
      EDIT: Add a period at the end of the first sentence (after "night") and place the period after "town" inside the parenthesis. Proper punctuation when the parenthetical is a complete sentence.

      ### overnight temperature was a cool 40*F (4*C) with the high during the day in the high 60s*F (15s*C). ###
      EDIT: 60s F (15s C), without an asterisk or degree symbol [small superscript circle]. A BGT convention. Please revise throughout your Review.

      ### Elevation ranged from 8,600 to 11,300 ft (2,530 to 3,400 m).###
      Edit: Unless 8,600 ft is exact I'd round off the conversion to 2,500 m.

      ### The new design has a more oval shape and includes "keeper" sprues that I weren't used before. ###
      EDIT: This sentence is a bit garbled. You could delete "that I" and the sentence makes sense.

      ### I'm embarrassed to admit that I needed some hand holding to explain how these worked, but it seems obvious once I saw a demonstration. ###
      EDIT: seemed obvious [agree to past tense in the first clause of sentence]

      ### If I need to adjust the hight of my anchor point, which is fairly often, the
      Dutch Clip makes it easy by letting me unclip and move the strap.###
      EDIT: height [spelling]
      Edit: Either "When I need" or "which I do fairly often" reduces confusion.

      ### This is probably the main advantage of using the Dutch Clip. ###
      EDIT: As a general statement this is projection. Revise so that it's clearly your observation or opinion.

      ###I think the exaggerated oval design of the titanium Dutch Clip creates a more gental curve to the fabric, which is probably less stressful to the fabric. ###
      EDIT: gentle [spelling]

      ###I also own the original aluminum Dutch Clips and had an experience where the
      metal cut through my webbing.###
      EDIT: when the metal
    • Derek Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
        Thanks Richard! I've made all the edits and completed the necessary clean up. Thanks for the link.

        ~derek

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
          Derek - one more EDIT

          ##It's minimal size, light weight, and strength make it ideal for backpacking.###
          EDIT: Its [no apostrophe]

          Thanks, Richard