EDIT - Outdoor Research Verglas Gaiters - Adam Albertson

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      Adam, welcome to BackpackGearTest.org. I have been assigned to edit your Owner Review. Before I can do so, though, you will need to make some substantial revisions to conform to our rules and conventions. Some are listed below. But first I suggest that you re-read the Survival Guide (available under the "How to Become a Tester" tab at BackpackGearTest.org), and revise your report before reposting here.

      You may wish to consider a mentor, which you can do by sending an email to mentor@... Under our mentor program an experienced tester will work with you to get you familiar with the Owner Review process and BGT's rules. There's no stigma attached; many of our veteran testers are former mentees.

      The following are general comments; I'm not going to proceed with specific edits at this point. Please revise your Review and repost to this list, with REPOST – the product name, and your name in the subject line.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION section – We need some more data here – measured weight and measured height. Also required is a brief description of the product in your own words. To the extent you've quoted from a hangtag or other product information, you must provide the source. BGT discourages quotations from the product website, which anyone can read. We're looking for your description.

      FIELD USE section – Some additional specificity is needed here. As you've used these gaiters often, summaries are OK, but please add trail conditions [bushwhacking, rock, mud, snow, ice, etc], weather conditions [rain, snow, sunshine], and temperature ranges. Consider describing a representative trip or two. Be sure to include the kind of things a prospective buyer of the product would be interested in – the boots and pants that you wore, for example.

      We require a PERFORMANCE section in which you describe the details of your experience with the product – again, what a buyer would want to know. How did they fit, how do you put them on, do they stay put once donned, do they keep the elements out, durability, and so on.

      Take a look at some other gaiters reviews on our website and you should get an idea of what to include. Remember to use your own words, not manufacturer's hype.

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Cheers, Richard
      BGT Editor