EDIT/Approval - Helly Hansen Warm Baselayers- Ray Estrella

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      Ray, sounds like you've found two winners (or four, counting the other set). Standard form for edits, upload when you've revised to http://tinyurl.com/c4aospx

      Cheers, Richard

      ### Helley Hansen HH Warm Baselayers ###
      EDIT: Here and many other places: Helly Hansen [two "e," not three]

      ### (Spring, what we call prolonged winter here in Minnesota.) ###
      Comment: Wyoming says it best. There are four seasons: early winter, winter, late winter, next winter.

      ### The bands serve a purpose more than just looks as the flatlock seams sit on either side of my shoulder keeping it from being a spot of agitation when I am carrying a heavy pack. ###
      Edit: spot of irritation

      ### But a word of warning to those that think (like I always have) of regular cuts being loose and roomy. Helley Hansen's regular is what most of my other baselayes called athletic. Their "athletic"? ###
      Edit: those who think
      EDIT: my other baselayers

      ### I have used the HH Warm baselayer pants on every trip since late September 2012 and the crew since later that fall. ###
      EDIT: from late September through December 2012 [If your Warm Odin OR is to be believed.]

      ###I took it on a long California trip that saw a 2-day backpacking trip ###
      EDIT: took them

      ### I wore them on two "snow camping" trips in the yard with my son, ###
      Edit: The pronoun is several paragraphs from its antecedent. "I wore the baselayers . . ."

      ### This is because while it may seem that hiking in sub-zero temps is not
      smell inducing, in my considerable experience it is actually worse! ###
      Edit: smell-inducing [with a hyphen]

      ### At bed-time I swap baselayers ###
      Edit: bedtime [one word, no hyphen]

      ### (Even more glad to say that nobody saw me sniffing my long johnsÂ…) ###
      Comment: no kidding

      ### I leave with a picture of them waiting for bed time. ###
      Edit: bedtime [as above]
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        Thank you as always for your fine edits. I don't know why my brain insists on adding that extra "e". All made with one exception.

        See you next month,

        Ray

        > ### (Spring, what we call prolonged winter here in Minnesota.) ###
        > Comment: Wyoming says it best. There are four seasons: early winter, winter, late winter, next winter.

        Hah, yeah. We like to say that MN is the land of 4 seasons. Winter, June, July, and August.

        > ### I have used the HH Warm baselayer pants on every trip since late September 2012 and the crew since later that fall. ###
        > EDIT: from late September through December 2012 [If your Warm Odin OR is to be believed.]

        No, because even after I got the Odins I still used the Warms at night in my sleeping bag.
      • richardglyon@att.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2013
          Ray,

          I'd mention that post-December use was for sleeping rather than hiking. Not a super-big deal - I likely wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't submitted the two ORs at the same time - but I think that it's a distinction readers would appreciate.

          Cheers, Richard