Thank you Ray - Re: OR - MSR TR-3 poles - Ray Estrella

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2013

      Editors Team Director
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hi Ray,
        Another good report and timely for some parts of the country, but just not here in San Diego. I'm not really missing all that snow! So you certainly know the drill. ;)

        Here are your edits in the usual format –
        EDIT – must change
        edit – my recommended change if you agree
        Comment – just that

        Comment – good HTML and I think your use of photographs works well to show many different uses of these poles.

        Product Information
        edit, if you agree - Under the Product Information heading, I would include that this hiking pole is also available in a standard length for the same price and maybe list the measurements of that one just for the added info…

        "The MSR SureLock TR-3 trekking poles (hereafter referred to as the TR-3s or the poles) are the crown jewel in the company's new line of trekking poles."
        edit – I think "jewels" would be better here as you refer to poles also being plural.

        "A hole runs through the grips that is very useful when using the poles with the lines of a tarp or other shelter."
        EDIT – To me, this reads as if one hole runs through both grips. I think it would be better written if you added (each of) and (which), "A hole runs through each of the grips which is very useful when using the poles with the lines of a tarp or other shelter."

        "While all most my other trekking poles made me purchase wider snow baskets, MSR has seen fit to include them with the TR-3s. Excellent!"
        EDIT – While all most my other… I think you mean either, "While most of my other…" or "While almost all of my other…"

        "They are comfortable enough but a little short for my large hands if I wanted to do a traditional strap-through-the thumb-web style of grip."
        EDIT – add a hyphen between the and thumb…to remain consistent.

        "In February Mother Nature played catch-up with us clobbering us with a huge blizzard followed by days of sporadic snow."
        edit – I think it reads better this way if you agree… In February Mother Nature played catch-up (by) clobbering us with a huge blizzard followed by days of sporadic snow.

        That's it! Go ahead and upload when you're ready and please remember to delete the test file copy.
        Mike
      • Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
          Hi Mike,

          Thanks for the great edits, all made with one exception.

          Yes right about now I am fondly remembering SoCal's weather. I think I am ready for winter to end. But they are calling for more snow today.

          See you down the trail,

          Ray

          > Product Information
          > edit, if you agree - Under the Product Information heading, I would include that this hiking pole is also available in a standard length for the same price and maybe list the measurements of that one just for the added info…

          This was addressed a couple years ago by Jerry on the Editors Group because of me giving the same edit on an OR. He said that there is no reason to list anything but the info of what we are reviewing. If the reader wants to know if it comes in other sizes or colors they have the link right there. It made total sense to me. After that I not only stopped asking for it, I stopped putting the non-relevant info in my own reviews.

          In this case just seeing the "Long" size will alert the reader that there must be a regular also.