Edit/Approval - MEC Lightfield tent - Theresa Lawrence

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      Theresa,

      You've just earned a brownie point! A few edits, in the usual format. After revising you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/a3tua27

      Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      ###The MEC Lightfield 2 Tent and the original MEC Lightfield Tent reviewed here is a 2-person, 4-season shelter intended for expedition mountaineers and skiers. ###
      EDIT: You need to agree your subject and verb, and that's tricky with this sentence. Maybe "The MEC Lightfield 2 Tent, like the original MEC Lightfield Tent reviewed here, is . . ."

      ###There are 2 large u-shaped doors at each end of the canopy leading to vestibules: the back vestibule smaller than the front. ###
      EDIT: Change the colon to a comma.

      ### At 2:30am in the morning it looked secure ###
      Edit: This is redundant. Delete either "am" or "in the morning"

      ### The poles still are in tact, nothing broken, ###
      EDIT: intact [one word]

      ### Camping at -11 C (12.2 F) outside, translated to 3 C (37.4 F) inside. ###
      Edit: I'd round off the Fahrenheit figures.

      ### I'm always very toasty with my negative rated sleeping bags since the
      temperature inside doesn't often stay at negative temperatures when there's
      people in the tent. ###
      EDIT: "negative" F or C? Please specify.
      EDIT: there are people ["people" is plural]

      ### The floor doesn't flood, but can be a bit damp where the sleeping mats were when camping on snow or in heavy rain. ###
      EDIT: Below you state that the tent has been waterproof. Please explain the issue here – collected water from snow brought in by people, seepage in the floor [if so, revise your conclusions], dripping from the walls, or what?

      ### Sometimes the guy lines proved to be a little short at times ###
      EDIT: Another redundancy – delete "Sometimes" or "at times."

      ### when I leave base camp, so what's left is inadequate pegs that are meant for ground, not much help in 2 meters of snow. ###
      EDIT: Add metric equivalent of "2 meters"

      ###- The fly can be a bit stiff to stretch/ put on (though this does give it a nice
      tight slick line) ##
      EDIT/Edit: Not sure I understand. "slack line"??
    • Theresa Lawrence
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
        Thanks Richard,
        I made all the edits/clarifications and reposted in the new folder and of course deleted the old one.

        Cheers,

        Theresa