Edit - OR REI Flash 18 Pack - Rick McQuet

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
      Rick,

      Thanks for the quick turnaround and excellent job. A few minor edits below (same EDIT, Edit, and Comment format as before). This Review is clearly ready for my final review of it in HTML format. Please make the additional changes, and then:

      1. Post the HTML version, with photos, in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder on the BackpackGearTest.org website. You'll need to log in to do this.

      2. Repost the plain text here, again with REPOST, the product name, and your name in the subject line AND

      3. Include a tinyurl link to the HTML version in the body of the message (see message no. 81930 as an example).

      Cheers, Richard

      ### Product Information ###
      Edit/Comment: A suggestion only, not mandatory – consider noting somewhere that this pack comes in only one size.

      ### Listed weight: 11.0 Ounces (312 Grams)
      Weight as delivered: 10.9 Ounces (309 Grams) ###
      EDIT: You use abbreviations everywhere else, so you should here to: oz and g (lower case)

      ### Listed Length: 18 in (457 mm)
      Listed Width: 9.5 in (241 mm) ###
      EDIT: Add your measured dimensions.

      ### Field Information: ###
      Edit/Comment: Another suggestion: at some point give an estimated maximum pack weight. This isn't necessary because you provide the contents, but it would be helpful to our readers for their comparing the Flash 18 to other daypacks.

      ### Elevations ranged from 5,000 ft to 7,500 ft (1,520 m to 2290 m).###
      Edit: I'd round the metric off. Here and in one other place.

      ### The padding provided protection against any zippers or sharp edges in my gear.. ###
      EDIT: Delete the second period.

      ### The only small complaint (and it's a small one) is the mechanism that is used to tighten the drawcord. ###
      Edit: You use "small" twice in this sentence. I'd delete the first use: "My only complaint (and it's a small one) . . .".
    • richardglyon@att.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
        Rick,

        Thanks. I think your photos really help the text; good work.

        Same format as before for edits: EDIT, Edit, Comment. Because of the formatting changes requested below, I'd like you to repost one more time, again with a tinurl link to the new HTML version. But I expect this will be the last as this is almost ready to upload.

        Cheers, Richard

        ##REI Flash 18 Pack
        Date: January 25, 2013 [Title]###
        EDIT: Please add a second line "Owner Review by Rick McQuet" between the two lines you now have. This will distinguish the Owner Review from a Test Report.
        EDIT: The three-line title should be centered, and I recommend making the type larger and bold.

        ### Reviewer Information ###
        Edit: As with the title, your Review would be easier to follow if each of the section headings was in bold, larger type, all caps, underscoring, or some combination.

        EDIT: This needs to be a clickable hyperlink to the manufacturer's homepage.

        ### The REI Flash 18 Pack (hereafter, ‘Flash 18’, or ‘the pack’) ###
        EDIT: There are odd symbols in the HTML version instead of quotation marks. If you can't get rid of them, delete the quotation marks.
        Comment: Did you use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) application such as the Report Writer or Kompozer (which I use) to prepare your HTML version? Might make things easier and eliminate garbles such as these.

        ### I just rolled it up and stuffed into my main pack while hiking. ###
        EDIT: stuffed it into

        ### Several times while running in Chicago. I often run from work to a gym four
        miles from my office, ###
        EDIT: Need the metric equivalent for "four miles"

        ### I am very happy with my Flash 18 and would not hesitate to recommend to a friend. ###
        EDIT: to recommend it to a friend
      • Rick McQuet
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
          updated tinyurl:   http://tinyurl.com/aqpbvme

          I didn't use Kompozer for this review, but I will in the future.  In the meantime, I just took out the quote marks.