OR - Bridgedale Endurance Socks for Women - DLarsen

  • vicioushillbilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      I'm rusty on ORs. Please accept my OR for these socks. Thanks in advance for your edits. The url is: http://tinyurl.com/apfm7zz

      Dawn

      Bridgedale Endurance Women's Trail Ultralight Socks
      Owner Review

      Name: Dawn Larsen
      Age: 51
      Gender: female
      Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)
      Weight: 155 lb (70 kg)
      Email address: vicioushillbilly AT gmail DOT com
      Florence, South Carolina USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I used to backpack in college a zillion years ago and just in the last few years have backpacked some private trails in Tennessee, Missouri and most recently South Carolina. I have been an avid car-camper for eleven years and I have kayak/canoe camped for four years, in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. I use a lot of the same equipment for both. I hike hilly/rocky trails especially in Missouri (my home state) and Arkansas. I live in South Carolina and am busy checking out the terrain here with my nineteen year-old son.

      Product Information
      Manufacturer: Bridgedale
      Year of Manufacture: 2012
      Manufacturer's Website: www.bridgedale.com
      MSRP: $16.95 US
      Measured dimensions flat: top of heel to top of sock - 4.5 in (114 mm), toe of sock to mid-point of heel - 7 in (178 mm)
      Advertised Weight: n/a
      Measured Weight: 1.38 oz (39 g)
      Color: Gray/Bright Pink (also comes in Gray/Red)
      Size: Women S (4-6.5, Eur 34-37), M (US 6.5-8, Eur 38-40), L (US 8.5-10, Eur 41-43)
      Fabric content: 35% nylon/polyamide, 31% new wool, 31% polypropylene, 3% lycra/elastane
      Made in UK

      socks and tag

      Product description
      The Bridgedale Endurance socks according to the package are rated for "outdoor, fast & light, everyday, winter sports. They are crew height, cushioned with an arch support band. Care instructions are machine wash and dry. I could not find this particular style on the Bridgedale website, though the Women's Trail Ultralight seem to be comparable.

      Field Experience
      I actually wear a US 8.5 shoe, but bought the medium. I'm glad I did. They fit like a glove. I have owned these socks for about six months. I have worn the socks to hike, backpack, and for everyday. These socks are one of my favorites to wear anytime. When hiking or backpacking, I have worn these with my warm weather boots, which fit me a little tighter than my winter boots. As well, I have worn them with my hiking shoes, tennis shoes, and dress boots. They are perfect.

      They are cushioned in the heel, toe, and ball of the foot (dark gray areas in picture). There is a good bit of elastic woven in around the arch for support and ankle. They are also pretty warm for as light and non-bulky as they are. They feel wonderful on! They also seem to wick away moisture. My feet stay very dry in them.

      sock on

      My criteria for socks are that they cannot bind my toes, but I also don't want them to be so loose that they slip and cause blisters. I also like it when they really fit my foot. I like the crew height as they are a little shorter than the traditional crew. These absolutely fit my criteria.

      I have washed and dried them multiple times. Throughout all the wash and wear, they still retain their shape!

      Summary
      I love these socks. I'd like to have several more pairs. They feel great! I would wear these every day.

      What I like
      They fit and feel wonderful
      They wick away moisture
      They have washed and worn beautifully