Re: Montane Super-fly xt first impressions

  • waynec346
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2012
      sorry folks, the linnk to the jacket on the manufacters website was incomplete

      here's the correct link so you can see what i'm talking about
      thanks

      http://www.montane.co.uk/range/men/shell/superfly-xt-jacket
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
        Hi Wayne,

        (at least I think that is your name as you don't sign off on your posts which we require)

        I think you should start here:

        A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

        Also I noticed that you say you are "testing" a few of the Black Diamond packs. Are you a beta tester for them? Are these packs retail versions and owned by you? (As in not being returned to BD)

        Ray
      • waynec346
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
          Hi Ray
          I'm not an official tester for black diamond,
          I purchased four black diamond retail packs by choice, having become a fan of their harness design and good price point.

          at the moment i'm a bit pushed for time to get more expansive on reviews. but hope to do more in the future..

          thanks
          Wayne

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" wrote:

          > Hi Wayne,
          >
          > (at least I think that is your name as you don't sign off on your posts which we require)
          >
          > I think you should start here:
          >
          > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1
          >
          > A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...
          >
          > Also I noticed that you say you are "testing" a few of the Black Diamond packs. Are you a beta tester for them? Are these packs retail versions and owned by you? (As in not being returned to BD)
          >
          > Ray

        • Ray
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
            Hi Wayne,

            > I'm not an official tester for black diamond,
            > I purchased four black diamond retail packs by choice,

            That's cool, no problem.

            > at the moment i'm a bit pushed for time to get more expansive on
            > reviews. but hope to do more in the future..

            Well there is the hang up. These aren't what we want, that is why I gave you the link. Once you have time to work on reviewing I would suggest getting a mentor and having them walk you through the process. If you want to go it alone read the lessons and look at the reviews and reports of veteran testers for examples of what is required.

            Good luck,