OWNER REVIEW (OSPREY 70 liter backpack)

  • Adam Albertson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2012
      OSPREY PACKS INC. (AETHER 70LITER BACKPACK )
      BY ADAM ALBERTSON
      OR
      December 20, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Adam Albertson
      EMAIL: Outdoorsman719@...
      AGE: 31
      LOCATION: Canon City Colorado U.S.A
      GENDER: m
      HEIGHT: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
      WEIGHT: 180 lb (81.60 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I have been an avid Backpacker for 7years. My trips range from day hikes to week long trips.I backpack 12 months out of the year in all weather conditions.  I prefer extended trips into the Colorado high country during the summer and lower altitude Colorado Desert  trips in the winter. I have also done trips in Montana, Idaho,Washington and Utah. My day hikes consist of peak bagging or  rough,steep bushwacks .  I consider myself to be an ultra light Backpacker that makes additional sacrifices for comfort.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: OSPREY  PACKS INC.
      Year of Manufacture: 2011
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://WWW.ospreypacks.com">>
      MSRP: US$299
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE1">>
      Listed Weight:
      cu. in.     liter     lbs/oz     kg.
      S     4089     67     4/11     2.14
      M     4272     70     4/15     2.23
      L     4455     73     5/2     2.33
      XL     4638     76     5/2     2.33
      Measured Weight: Size L??5lbs 2 oz (2.33kg)
      Other details:Convertible Top Pocket - Lumbar Pack
      Hydration Compatible
      InsideOut™ Compression
      J-Panel access
      Red Internal Compression Strap
      Sleeping Pad Straps
      Tool Attachment

      FIELD USE

      I have used this backpack for a year. I have used it for approx.25 backpacking trips
      On my third trip i broke a main buckle that holds the lid closed to the pack. The osprey company gladly replaced it for me and i was back on the trail.The company went as far as replacing the buckles with ones from a different model at my request.
      I carry a load  of 30-45 Lbs (13-22Kg) for a 3-5 day trip.I have carried this pack approx.350mi (564km)
      The terrain i travel with this pack is usually rough steep and rocky trails

      SUMMARY

      This pack has become my "go to" pack when it comes to  multi day trips
      I use the detachable lid as a lumbar pack on day hikes and accents.The lid has enough room for a liter of water,food and my rain gear.This pack is extremely comfortable when carrying a heavy load.
      This pack has a lot of compression straps for load adjustment.
      4+ main compartments provide organization of your gear
      Include a brief summary here.

      THINGS I LIKE

      I like the 70 liter model,It provides enough space for my winter gear.It provides more than enough space for my summer gear.
      This pack has gear loops and external straps for securing gear to the outside of the pack.
      The convertible lid hip pack is very useful .
      The fabric on the OSPREY Aether is very durable and puncture resistant.
      OSPREY PACKS inc. has a great warranty and customer service.

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      My only complaint is the buckles have a poor design and are very thin .I broke a buckle on this pack after three uses.

      SIGNATURE

      Adam Albertson
      OUTDOORSMAN719@...

      Copyright 2012.  All rights reserved.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2012
        Hi again Adam,

        Thank you for your interest in writing reviews for this group and for eagerly posting your first 2 Owner Reviews (ORs). Experience has shown us that it is more efficient for both the Editors and yourself if you post your first review, have it edited, approved and uploaded before you post your second and subsequent reviews. As such, this OR will be put in the "On Hold" section of our Edit Queue until OR #1 has gone through to completion and you have revised this one.

        If you have any questions please let us know.
        Cordially,
        Jamie DeBenedetto
        Editors Team Director
      • Adam Albertson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2013
[...]

          This report was created with
          the BGT Report Generator.
          Copyright 2012.  All rights reserved.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013

            Editors Team Director
          • Ray
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
              Hello Adam,

              Thank you for your interest in joining BackpackGearTest and your first Owner Review. Unfortunately your review is not acceptable in this form.

              We usually suggest that folks start with something easy, like a shirt or cook gear, etc. as things like packs, tents and stoves tend to have a lot to talk about. If you take a look at some of the pack reviews and reports from veteran testers you will see what I am talking about.

              We have a mentor program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

              If you want to go it alone, I'd suggest trying something easier and saving this for your next one maybe. I assume that you have read through the lessons on the home page. I will email you a better set of lessons. Go through it and let us know what you want to do. Should you choose to keep working on this review then re-post your updated pack review here with REPOST in the subject line. Please add your name too.

              Good luck,

              Ray Estrella
              Owner Review Editor
            • Ray
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
                Thank you for your interest in BackpackGearTest and for submitting your first Owner Review. Unfortunately your review is lacking too much to take it at this time.

                We usually suggest that new writers begin with something easy at first, like a smaller clothing item or piece of cook gear, etc. so that they don't have as much to try and get through while they are still learning the ropes. Things like packs and shelters have a lot to describe. Your review is completely missing a product description.

                A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

                Should you choose to plug away at this review look at the updated Lessons I will email you. Also look at some reviews and reports from experienced veteran testers for an idea of what is expected.

                If you decide to continue do a re-write and re-post the new version here with REPOST in the subject line. Put your name in it to please.

                Good luck,

                Ray Estrella
                Owner Review Editor
              • Tom Shriver
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
                  Hello! My name is Tom - I think this message was intended to go to someone
                  else?

                  I did send an e-mail about getting a mentor for this process, but I have
                  yet to submit any reviews. Thanks!

                  Tom

                  --
                  *Tom Shriver*