Re: REVISED: OR - Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket - Paul Rickard

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
      By the way,

      "I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total."

      You need to clarify your use Paul. Where has it been used, what for, what were the temps and conditions?

      Ray
    • Paul Rickard
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 10, 2012
        Hello, http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/Arcteryx%20Atom%20LT%20Jacket/

        Men's Atom LT Jacket by Arc'teryx

        OR
        December 9th, 2012

        TESTER INFORMATION

        NAME: Paul Rickard
        EMAIL: lizardman400@...
        AGE: 19
        LOCATION: Devon, England, United Kingdom
        GENDER: M
        HEIGHT: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
        WEIGHT: 260 lb (118.00 kg)

        Started walking outdoors properly around 4 years ago, have since completely my full Gold DofE, NNAS Awards and now a DofE Supervisor and assessor. Work in the outdoors doing Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock climbing (indoor and outdoor), Hill and Mountain Walking and some bushcraft. Run my own outdoor club which provides outdoor education services to schools/organisations/Uniformed Youth Groups.

        Love putting gear through tough conditions!

        PRODUCT INFORMATION

        Manufacturer: Arc'teryx
        Year of Manufacture: 2012
        Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.arcteryx.com/?EN">>
        MSRP: UK £160
        Listed Weight: 326g (11.5oz)
        Measured Weight: 327g (11.5oz)
        Other details: "Insulated, mid-layer jacket with wind and moisture resistant outer face fabric; Ideal as a layering piece for cold weather activities."

        FIELD USE

        Having owned the jacket for 2 months now I have had a chance to get out in some of the colder weather we've had recently. This jacket is superb, been up on Dartmoor while wearing it and it's handled harsh winds well and kept heat in while not getting clammy which can easily happen with an insulated jacket.

        Although a very basic design it's still top of the list for needed kit, two outside pockets are large with soft lining which keeps hands both comfortable and warm. Inside pocket keeps map protected from elements and always useful.

        As their website says this jacket is designed as a midlayer and will not keep you protected from heavy rain/snow. In light rain the water will bead and run off the jacket though so there is some protection there but you will need a hard shell to provide protection from heavy rains.

        For the weight of this jacket the level of warmth is amazing, easily outdoes some of the real bulky insulation jackets out there from other brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be silly not to take it on any trip.

        The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or jamming.

        I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total. Winter is now here and I'm sure I'll be using this jacket a lot more over the next few months.

        SUMMARY

        This is one of those jackets that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every opportunity and I am yet to find any faults.

        THINGS I LIKE

        Warmth
        Weight
        Durability
        Style

        THINGS I DON'T LIKE

        No hood on my jacket but is available with one

        SIGNATURE

        Paul Rickard

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 26, 2012

          Editors Team Director