[BackpackGearTest] REVISED: OR - Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket - Paul Rickard

  • Paul Rickard
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hey there, please find my revised version below, having some trouble uploading the HTML version to the website, this jacket hasn't been tested before and can't create a new folder to post it in - any help would be great.

      Men's Atom LT Jacket by Arc'teryx

      OR
      December 9th, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Paul Rickard
      EMAIL: lizardman400@...
      AGE: 19
      LOCATION: Devon, England, United Kingdom
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
      WEIGHT: 260 lb (118.00 kg)

      Started walking outdoors properly around 4 years ago, have since completely my full Gold DofE, NNAS Awards and now a DofE Supervisor and assessor. Work in the outdoors doing Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock climbing (indoor and outdoor), Hill and Mountain Walking and some bushcraft. Run my own outdoor club which provides outdoor education services to schools/organisations/Uniformed Youth Groups.

      Love putting gear through tough conditions!

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: Arc'teryx
      Year of Manufacture: 2012
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.arcteryx.com/?EN">>
      MSRP: UK �160
      Listed Weight: 326g (11.5oz)
      Measured Weight: 327g (11.5oz)
      Other details: "Insulated, mid-layer jacket with wind and moisture resistant outer face fabric; Ideal as a layering piece for cold weather activities."

      FIELD USE

      Having owned the jacket for 2 months now I have had a chance to get out in some of the colder weather we've had recently. This jacket is superb, been up on Dartmoor while wearing it and it's handled harsh winds well and kept heat in while not getting clammy which can easily happen with an insulated jacket.

      Although a very basic design it's still top of the list for needed kit, two outside pockets are large with soft lining which keeps hands both comfortable and warm. Inside pocket keeps map protected from elements and always useful.

      As their website says this jacket is designed as a midlayer and will not keep you protected from heavy rain/snow. In light rain the water will bead and run off the jacket though so there is some protection there but you will need a hard shell to provide protection from heavy rains.

      For the weight of this jacket the level of warmth is amazing, easily outdoes some of the real bulky insulation jackets out there from other brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be silly not to take it on any trip.

      The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or jamming.

      I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total. Winter is now here and I'm sure I'll be using this jacket a lot more over the next few months.

      SUMMARY

      This is one of those jackets that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every opportunity and I am yet to find any faults.

      THINGS I LIKE

      Warmth
      Weight
      Durability
      Style

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      No hood on my jacket but is available with one

      SIGNATURE

      Paul Rickard

      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      From: jdeben@...
      Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 05:31:01 +0000
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Attn: Paul Rickard - Re: Owner Review - Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket

      Welcome to BGT Paul.

      Before I can accept your Owner Review you will need to clarify the number of days and/or nights you have used this product in the field. Please add an estimate of how many times you have used it to your report and then repost the REVISED version to the yahoo group.

      I will take a look and if it meets our requirements I'll add the report to our edit queue and you will be on your way to getting an official edit.

      Thank you,

      Jamie DeBenedetto

      Editors Team Director

    • Ray
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
        The folder that you post the edit versions is here:

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/

        Permanent folders are made for you once the review is edited and OK'd.

        Ray

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
          By the way,

          "I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total."

          You need to clarify your use Paul. Where has it been used, what for, what were the temps and conditions?

          Ray
        • Paul Rickard
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 10, 2012
            Hello, http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/Arcteryx%20Atom%20LT%20Jacket/