Owner Review - Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket

  • Paul Rickard
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2012
      Men's Atom LT Jacket by Arc'teryx

      OR
      March 12, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Paul Rickard
      EMAIL: lizardman400@...
      AGE: 19

      LOCATION: Devon, England, United Kingdom
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
      WEIGHT: 260 lb (118.00 kg)

      Started
      walking outdoors properly around 4 years ago, have since completely my
      full Gold DofE, NNAS Awards and now a DofE Supervisor and assessor. Work
      in the outdoors doing Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock climbing (indoor and
      outdoor), Hill and Mountain Walking and some bushcraft. Run my own
      outdoor club which provides outdoor education services to
      schools/organisations/Uniformed Youth Groups.

      Love putting gear through tough conditions!

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: Arc'teryx
      Year of Manufacture: 2012
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.arcteryx.com/?EN">>

      MSRP: UK £160
      Listed Weight: 326g (11.5oz)
      Measured Weight: 327g (11.5oz)
      Other
      details: "Insulated, mid-layer jacket with wind and moisture resistant
      outer face fabric; Ideal as a layering piece for cold weather
      activities."

      FIELD USE

      Having owned the jacket for 2 months now I have
      had a chance to get out in some of the colder weather we've had
      recently. This jacket is superb, been up on Dartmoor while wearing it
      and it's handled harsh winds well and kept heat in while not getting
      clammy which can easily happen with an insulated jacket.

      Although a very basic design it's still top of the list for needed
      kit, two outside pockets are large with soft lining which keeps hands
      both comfortable and warm. Inside pocket keeps map protected from
      elements and always useful.

      As their website says this jacket is designed as a midlayer and will
      not keep you protected from heavy rain/snow. In light rain the water
      will bead and run off the jacket though so there is some protection
      there but you will need a hard shell to provide protection from heavy
      rains.

      For the weight of this jacket the level of warmth is amazing, easily
      outdoes some of the real bulky insulation jackets out there from other
      brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be
      silly not to take it on any trip.

      The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't
      seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or
      jamming.

      SUMMARY

      This is one of those jackets
      that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this
      jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after
      canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every oppurtunity and I am yet to
      find any faults.

      THINGS I LIKE

      Warmth
      Weight
      Durability
      Style

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      No hood on my jacket but is availible with one

      SIGNATURE

      Paul Rickard

    • Mark Bayern
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2012
        Paul,

        Somebody or something (on my side of the pond?) turned the date of the OR
        into March 12, 2012 !

        Mark

      • Paul Rickard
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 3, 2012
          Hey,

          Went with UK date format, did send this today!

          Thanks,

          Paul

          To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
          From: plcmark@...
          Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:31:21 -0600
          Subject: Re: [BackpackGearTest] Owner Review - Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket

> [...]

          > brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be

          > silly not to take it on any trip.

          > The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't

          > seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or

          > jamming.

          > SUMMARY

          > This is one of those jackets

          > that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this

          > jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after

          > canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every oppurtunity and I am yet to

          > find any faults.

          > THINGS I LIKE

          > Warmth

          > Weight

          > Durability

          > Style

          > THINGS I DON'T LIKE

          > No hood on my jacket but is availible with one

        • Paul Rickard

            From: plcmark@...
            Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:31:21 -0600

> [...]

            > brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be

            > silly not to take it on any trip.

            > The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't

            > seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or

            > jamming.

            > SUMMARY

            > This is one of those jackets

            > that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this

            > jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after

            > canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every oppurtunity and I am yet to

            > find any faults.

            > THINGS I LIKE

            > Warmth

            > Weight

            > Durability

            > Style

            > THINGS I DON'T LIKE

            > No hood on my jacket but is availible with one

          • Paul Rickard

              From: plcmark@...
              Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:31:21 -0600

> [...]

              > brands, this packs down small and weighs so little that it would be

              > silly not to take it on any trip.

              > The durability so far has been great, no signs of wear yet and can't

              > seen there being any soon. Zips always work spot on, no tugging or

              > jamming.

              > SUMMARY

              > This is one of those jackets

              > that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this

              > jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after

              > canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every oppurtunity and I am yet to

              > find any faults.

              > THINGS I LIKE

              > Warmth

              > Weight

              > Durability

              > Style

              > THINGS I DON'T LIKE

              > No hood on my jacket but is availible with one

            • Paul Rickard

                From: plcmark@...
                Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:31:21 -0600

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                  Welcome to BGT Paul.

                  Before I can accept your Owner Review you will need to clarify the number of days and/or nights you have used this product in the field. Please add an estimate of how many times you have used it to your report and then repost the REVISED version to the yahoo group.

                  I will take a look and if it meets our requirements I'll add the report to our edit queue and you will be on your way to getting an official edit.

                  Thank you,
                  Jamie DeBenedetto
                  Editors Team Director
                • Paul Rickard
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
                    Hey there, please find my revised version below, having some trouble uploading the HTML version to the website, this jacket hasn't been tested before and can't create a new folder to post it in - any help would be great.

                    Men's Atom LT Jacket by Arc'teryx

                    OR
                    December 9th, 2012

[...]

                    I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total. Winter is now here and I'm sure I'll be using this jacket a lot more over the next few months.

                    SUMMARY

                    This is one of those jackets that you can't resist wearing as much as possible. I have worn this jacket for popping in to town, climbing and for chucking on after canoeing. It performs brilliantly at every opportunity and I am yet to find any faults.

                    THINGS I LIKE

                    Warmth
                    Weight
                    Durability
                    Style

                    THINGS I DON'T LIKE

                    No hood on my jacket but is available with one

                    SIGNATURE

                    Paul Rickard

                    To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
                      The folder that you post the edit versions is here:

                      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/

                      Permanent folders are made for you once the review is edited and OK'd.

                      Ray

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
                        By the way,

                        "I've probably used this jacket in testing conditions for around 10 days in total."

                        You need to clarify your use Paul. Where has it been used, what for, what were the temps and conditions?

                        Ray
                      • Paul Rickard
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 10, 2012
                          Hello, http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/Arcteryx%20Atom%20LT%20Jacket/