Attn: Ray Tant Re: OWNER REVIEW (revised)- Esbit Alcohol Stove and Cookset

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2012
      Ray,

      I'm another editor here and let me echo two things Jamie and Ray Estrella have said. As for choice of gear to be the subject of an Owner Review, you apparently get out often, and I'm certain that you have some gear that has seen a season's field use. There's often a misconception that an OR needs to be a major piece of gear such as a tent or sleeping bag. Not so - BGT values Reviews of basic items equally, often encouraging them with monthly calls. Perhaps a pair of socks you particularly like? A favorite fleece sweater? Water bottle? Any counts just as much as a state-of-the-art tent toward your qualifying to test gear.

      Second, do consider a Mentor. Under our mentor program an experienced tester will work with you to get you familiar with the Owner Review process and BGT's rules. There's no stigma attached; many of our veteran testers are former mentees. You can request a mentor by sending an email to mentor@...

      We're all pleased you've come to BGT. Let us know if we can help you keep this process moving forward.

      Cheers, Richard