APPLICATION - Slipstream Jacket - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2012
      APPLICATION TO TEST ISIS SLIPSTREAM DOWN JACKET

      Please accept my application to test the ISIS
      Slipstream Down Jacket. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest
      Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT
      Agreement is on file. I will pay any shipping costs to Canada. I also have access
      to a US shipping address that can be used if needed. I would be able to pick
      the item up with little ease just across the border.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 35
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (59 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: November 20, 2012

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience.
      Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout
      the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in
      mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of
      summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski
      touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and
      overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple
      to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      This 800-fill down looks like a decent insulative
      layer for winter camping. I have plans for some overnight ski-touring excursions
      once the snow settles into the South Canadian Rockies. Temperatures will be
      well below 0 C overnight in the mountains and I will have no problem meeting
      the minimum 5 night requirement. I anticipate lots of outdoor winter activity
      where I can put this jacket to the test: snow-shoeing, x-country skiing and snowmobiling,
      but mainly backcountry alpine ski-touring.  I would be testing this jacket for warmth,
      fit, comfort, durability and performance as a mid-layer under a shell and as an
      outer-layer. I can see it has a few comfort design features with the zippers
      and collar, which I’d like to experience, same with the DWR finished fabric for
      drizzle and I wonder how lightweight and condensed it will be for packing
      around.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 4 - they can be viewed on my tester
      Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Current Tests: High Sierra Titan 65L Pack – FR just
      completed Nov 13/12
      Completed Tests can be viewed on my tester page with
      the link above and my Tester Status Page is here: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      Outstanding Applications: Montbell Highlander Down
      Jacket

      I have no other BGT roles. Thank you for considering
      my application,

      Theresa Lawrence
    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2012
        psst...wrong list. :)
        Andrea

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Lawrence <theresa_newell@...> wrote:

        > APPLICATION TO TEST ISIS SLIPSTREAM DOWN JACKET
        >
        > Please accept my application to test the ISIS
        > Slipstream Down Jacket. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest
        > Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT
        > Agreement is on file. I will pay any shipping costs to Canada. I also have access
        > to a US shipping address that can be used if needed. I would be able to pick
        > the item up with little ease just across the border.
        >
        > TESTER BIOGRAPHY
        >
        > Name: Theresa Lawrence
        > Age: 35
        > Gender: Female
        > Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
        > Weight: 125 lbs (59 kg)
        > Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
        > Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
        > Date: November 20, 2012
        >
        > I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience.
        > Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout
        > the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in
        > mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of
        > summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski
        > touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and
        > overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple
        > to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.
        >
        > TEST PLAN
        >
        > This 800-fill down looks like a decent insulative
        > layer for winter camping. I have plans for some overnight ski-touring excursions
        > once the snow settles into the South Canadian Rockies. Temperatures will be
        > well below 0 C overnight in the mountains and I will have no problem meeting
        > the minimum 5 night requirement. I anticipate lots of outdoor winter activity
        > where I can put this jacket to the test: snow-shoeing, x-country skiing and snowmobiling,
        > but mainly backcountry alpine ski-touring.  I would be testing this jacket for warmth,
        > fit, comfort, durability and performance as a mid-layer under a shell and as an
        > outer-layer. I can see it has a few comfort design features with the zippers
        > and collar, which I’d like to experience, same with the DWR finished fabric for
        > drizzle and I wonder how lightweight and condensed it will be for packing
        > around.
        >
        > PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS
        >
        > Owner Reviews: 4 - they can be viewed on my tester
        > Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence
        >
        > Current Tests: High Sierra Titan 65L Pack â€" FR just
        > completed Nov 13/12
        > Completed Tests can be viewed on my tester page with
        > the link above and my Tester Status Page is here: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm
        >
        > Outstanding Applications: Montbell Highlander Down
        > Jacket
        >
        > I have no other BGT roles. Thank you for considering
        > my application,
        >
        > Theresa Lawrence

      • Theresa Lawrence
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2012