Thank you Peter R: Re: REVISED OWNER REVIEW - Black Rock 'Sportsman' Down Beanie

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2012

      Editors Team Director
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2012
        Hello Peter,

        Welcome to BackpackGearTest (BGT). Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

        EDIT: must be changed

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Include your name also please. You can also put a copy of the review, in HTML form, in the Owner Review Test Folder. It is found at the end of the list of reviews on the main page or here;
        http://tinyurl.com/4mfwa

        A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

        Ray

        *** I am a, experienced and dedicated hammock camper that enjoys spending time in the outdoors with my family and dogs.

        EDIT: I am "an" experienced and dedicated hammock camper

        ***Listed Weight: 1.09 oz (31 g)

        EDIT: I see it listed in Large as 30 g. Was yours different?

        EDIT: you also need to list the actual weight, taken by you. If you don't have a scale (yet) you can take it to the post office and use the one at the self-serve packing center.

        ***Other details: Size Large, head size 21-23.5 in

        EDIT: you need Metric (or Imperial) conversions for all measurements, weights, distances, etc.

        ***Then I ran across the Black Rock <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE -
        "http://www.blackrockgear.com/sportsman.html" LINK TEXT = "Sportsman">>!

        EDIT: you don't need the link again, just up in the product info.

        This hat fit all of the requirements that I wanted: lightweight, warm, waterproof,
        and blaze orange for safety in hunting season.

        EDIT: OK, that is a good start. Now you need to write a description of the hat in your own words. (Not pasted from the company website.) If you want to shoot me an email (rayestrella AT hotmail DOT com) I will send you the new lessons that explain it much better than the current ones do. Or take a look at some existing reviews from veteran writers and look at how they handled it.

        ***Most of my trips that I worn the hat has been during the winter

        EDIT: Most of "the" trips that I "have" worn the hat "have" been during the winter

        *** I even sleep in my Sportsman during the winter weather to keep my
        head warm.

        EDIT: delete "weather"

        ***Available Colors (From <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.blackrockgear.com/"
        LINK TEXT = "Black Rock Gear">>)

        Please delete the link. We only allow the top level URL as product links change too often. In fact your color is not even available as I edit this, so just remove all the color info and let the reader see what is available themselves.

        ***This is a great hat if you are looking for warmth, lightweight, and packability.

        Comment: you like its packability yet there is no mention of it in the review. How do you stuff it? Into a pocket or just shoved in the pack? How small does it get to? That would be good info to include.

        ***Available in Blaze Orange

        EDIT: since it is not available this needs to be removed. Or changed to: Was able to get it in Blaze Orange