October Call for Owner Reviews

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      For the October "Call for Owner Reviews" how about some fun and informative ORs on Food, Cameras and/or Accessories, and Rain Gear. Please refer to the http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/ page for sub-categories and ideas of what others have already been reviewing. Obviously, items not already listed are certainly welcome if they fit BGT standards.

      The edit team is eagerly awaiting your creations. As always, brownie points, which are taken into account during tester selections, will be awarded for all applicable ORs once they have been edited and uploaded.

      Safe hiking,
      Jamie D.
      Editors Team Director
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2013

        October Monthly Call for Owner Reviews: October makes me think of football and fall colors but since we don’t have test categories for those things, how about reviews on Water treatment, Footwear, and/or Book and Guides.    Please refer to the http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/ page for sub-categories and ideas of what others have already been reviewing. Obviously, original items not already listed are certainly welcome as long as they fit BGT standards.

        Please note, ORs do not need to comply with the Monthly Call to be posted in any given month.  However, those who choose to participate in the Monthly Call will be awarded one Brownie Point per relevant review, which gets YOU to the gear you want to test faster.  It’s a good deal so get those feet a hikin’ and those fingers a typin’ folks!

        Safe hiking,

        Jamie D.

        Editors Team Director

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2014

          Sorry for the late notice on the monthly Call for Owner Reviews. You see fall has arrived in the Sonoran Desert and a “call” of a different sort is happening around here, one that wonderfully pleasant temperatures and quiet desert hills sing out after months of oppressive heat.  In other words, I’ve not been indoors at my computer! So I can get back out there I’ll be brief, to earn a BP this month please submit ORs on these items: Water treatment, Footwear, and/or Books/Guides.
          Please refer to the http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/ page for sub-categories and ideas of what others have already been reviewing. Obviously, original items not already listed are certainly welcome as long as they fit BGT standards.

          Fine Print: ORs do not need to comply with the Monthly Call to be posted in any given month.  However, those who choose to participate in the Monthly Call will be awarded one Brownie Point per relevant review, which puts you on the fast track to gear you want to test! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.

          Safe hiking,

          Jamie D.

          Editors Team Director