Edit - Gossamer Gear Riksak - Frances Penn

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      Frances,

      Excellent report, well worth a Brownie point. I would like some re-working to pick up one point, so please re-post here after revising. You distinguish between day use on summit hikes or base camp-based day hikes and regular day hikes, a very valid and useful distinction. Can you provide a bit more detail as to why? Probably listing or summarizing pack contents will suffice, but keep that thought in mind as you look over the entire report.

      Specific edits follow; the last five relate to the issue mentioned above.

      Cheers, Richard

      <<RIKSAK DAYPACK>> [Title]
      EDIT: GOSSAMER GEAR RIKSAK DAYPACK

      <<The RikSak is a dual use Ultralight daypack made of 30 denier 1.3 oz per square
      yard (44 g per square m) >>
      Edit: This is one measurement where the conversion is not necessary.

      << The pack is an ultralightweight bag with no padding except in the shoulder straps which are adjustable with snaps on the ends that fit together around the body. >>
      Edit: A comma after "straps" would aid readability.

      <<My dayhikes are usually on dirt trails with rocky portions that become off trail bushwacking adventures to reach the peak >>
      EDIT: bushwhacking [spelling]

      << The pack holds everything I need for a full day hike from camp to the
      destination with the return to camp later that same day. >>
      EDIT: Please let your readers know what "everything I need" is, as your differentiation between summit pack use and general dayhiking is central to your review.

      <<I wouldn't use it as a daypack without being on a backpack trip because I carry more gear on that kind of trip. >>
      EDIT: In the same vein, list (or summarize) what you add on a standard day hike.

      << This is the best little day pack considering its minimal weight. >>
      EDIT: Same issue – you don't use for straight dayhiking. Maybe "best little summit pack"?

      <<Sometimes I would prefer the pack to be a little larger, but overall it has
      worked well>>
      EDIT: Add a period at the end of the sentence.
      Edit: Why do you think so – so that you could use it on true dayhikes?