August Call for Owner Reviews

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6 5:33 PM
      In celebration of summer's inevitable and hopefully expedient departure I thought we'd do something a bit different for the monthly "Call for Owner Reviews".

      This time instead of me choosing the categories, you get to choose. You can write about anything you want with one hitch, the item must be manufactured by a company NOT already represented or with very low representation on BGT.

      The OR Edit team is standing by to receive your reviews. Remember Brownie points are awarded for those who participate.

      Here is a list of companies already well represented and therefore NOT eligible for use:

      AntiGravity Gear, Asolo, Arc Teryx, Ahnu
      Big Agnes, Bushnell, Black Diamond, Benchmade, Brunton, Badger, Big Sky, Bridgedale
      Coleman, Cloudveil, Clif, Columbia, Cabela's, Camelbak
      Duofold, Darn Tough Vermont, DeFeet
      Exped, Eureka, ExOfficio
      Fox River Mills
      Garmin, Gregory, Gerber, Gordini, Granite Gear, Guyot Designs, GSI Outdoors, GoLite
      Hennessy Hammocks, High Sierra, Highgear
      IBEX, Icebreaker, Injinji, Integral Designs
      Jack R Better, Jetboil, Julbo
      Kayland, Keen, Kelty, Kombi
      Lowe Alpine, L.L. Bean, LEKI, Light My Fire, Lorpen, Luna Sports
      Marmot, Mountainsmith, Mountain Hardwear, Merrell, Montrail, MontBell, MEC, MSR
      Nunatak, Nalgene
      Osprey, Oboz, Optimus, Outdoor Research
      Primus, Platypus, Princeton Tec, Petzl, Patagonia, Premier Pet Products
      REI, Red Ledge, Riders Eyewear, Ruffwear
      Snow Peak, Silva, Smith, SOLE, Salomon, Sierra Designs, Sea to Summit, Smartwool,
      Sunday Afternoons
      Terra Nova, Tubbs, tasc, The North Face, Tilley Endurables, Teva, Trail Designs, Timex, Teva
      Terramar, Therm-a-Rest, Tarptent
      ULA Equipment
      Vasque, Victorinox
      White Sierra
      Yaktrak, Yakima

      Happy writing!
      Jamie DeBenedetto
      Editors Team Director
    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6 8:02 PM
        I can't get to the guidelines on the website so I'm just going to ask...
        What about a manufacturer that doesn't seem to have a website? (North 49)

        Andrea

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6 8:23 PM
          As far as I know not having a website is not a problem and since we don't have anything from North 49, that would be a good choice.

          jamie d

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 4:28 PM
            For the August Monthly Call for Owner Reviews we'll be looking for Ors on items that fit into these three categories: Health & Safety, Personal Hygiene, & Rain Gear. Please refer to the http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/ page for sub-categories and ideas of what others have already been reviewing. Obviously, original items not already listed are certainly welcome as long as they fit BGT standards.

            Don't forget each OR you complete for the monthly call gives you one Brownie Point, which helps you get gear a bit more easily! The Edit Team has all their school supplies ready now they just need some papers to grade.
            Safe hiking,
            Jamie D.
            Editors Team Director
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4 9:35 PM

              This month’s Call for Owner Reviews finds us looking for reviews on items fitting into these three catagories: Health & Safety, Personal Hygiene, & Stuff sacks.
              Please refer to the http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/ page for sub-categories and ideas of what others have already been reviewing. Obviously, original items not already listed are certainly welcome as long as they fit BGT standards.

              Fine Print: ORs do not need to comply with the Monthly Call to be posted in any given month.  However, those who choose to participate in the Monthly Call will be awarded one Brownie Point per relevant review, which puts you on the fast track to gear you want to test! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.

              Safe hiking,

              Jamie D.

              Editors Team Director