Edit/Approval: OR - Snow Peak Giga Stainless Steel Stove - Lori Pontious

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Lori,

      Thanks for the Owner Review. I have a few edits for you, after which you may place the corrected review at:

      Reviews > Cook Gear > Stoves > Snow Peak GigaPower GS-100

      Ray

      *** The stove has four trivets that provide support for the pot. The trivets have notches to reduce slippage.

      EDIT: I would call them pot supports. A trivet is a stand-alone device that holds a pot over a fire (in the outdoor sense, in a kitchen a trivet is a bit different), please look for all instances.

      *** The valve is opened and closed with a large stiff wire; turning right increases fuel flow, turning left closes the valve.

      Comment: are you sure about your directions? Mine is just the opposite. It turns right (clockwise) to close and left to open the fuel.

      ***Temperatures while the stove was in use have ranged from 30 to 75 F ( -1 to 24 C).

      EDIT: delete space at (-1

      *** I usually use it with a .9 liter titanium pot to boil water, but have also used it with a small frypan and a 16 ounce ( .4 liter) minimalist pot.

      EDIT: we are supposed to place a 0 in front of fractional numbers, plus there is another extra space at the ( .4 May want to say "frying pan" too.

      I usually use it with a 0.9 liter titanium pot to boil water, but have also used it with a small frying pan and a 16 ounce (0.4 liter) minimalist pot.
    • Lori
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012
        Hi Ray,

        I referred to them as trivets because the Snow Peak website does,
        but, I agree with you - a trivet in a kitchen is a different thing.

        All done editing - uploaded and deleted from the test folder.

        Thank you for catching my goofs - not sure how I forgot "righty-
        tighty, lefty loosy".

        Lori

      • richardglyon@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
          Lori and Ray,

          Definitely in the style category, and so up to Lori, but you might indicate that Snow Peak calls the pot supports "trivets," in case a reader is confused by the manufacturer's odd choice of word.

          Cheers, Richard

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
            Yeah, I am sure something was lost in translation from Japanese to English.

            What is funnier is that Snow Peak says it has "four trivets" which would be a total of 12 legs... ;-)

            Ray