Edit/Approval - Yukon Charlie's BETA snowshoes - Kathy Waters

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      Kathy,

      Excellent OR, on a product from a manufacturer new to me. A few edits, in the standard format and you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/82xv8bz Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR fiolder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      <<Sizes Available: 8x21, 8x25 and 8x29
      Size Reviewed: 8x21>>
      EDIT: I assume these are inches. If so, (a) say so, (b) add metric conversions, and (c) add measured length and width, (d) noting where you measured the width.

      <<MSRP: US$ 89.00 to 109.00
      MSRP Reviewed: US$ 89.00
      Listed Weight (by size): 3.4 lb (1.5 kg) to 4.4 lb (2 g)
      Reviewed Measured Weight: 3.4 lb (1.5 kg)>>
      Edit: I'd give only the weights for your version.

      <<Photo Courtesy of Yukon Charlie>>
      EDIT: Yukon Charlie's [Here and by my count five other places, not counting a few where you got it right.

      <<8x21 Carries: Up to 150 lbs (68 kg)
      8x25 Carries: Up to 200 lbs (91 kg)
      8x28 Carries: Up to 256 lbs (116 kg)>>
      Edit: Again, I'd provide only the capacity for the size you reviewed.

      << This is a gender specific snowshoe with technical features >>
      Edit: gener-specific [with a hyphen]

      <<uiFIELD USE AND PERFORMANCE>>
      EDIT: Delete "ui"

      <<Over the last several months (January through May, 2012)>>
      Edit: The comma is unnecessary

      <<and this past March along with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter entered my first event, a charity 5K race to support breast cancer. >>
      Edit: Why would you want to support breast cancer? "breast cancer research"

      <<With less weight - day pack of 15 lb (68.kg) or no pack at all - if I walked
      with care, I could safely navigate soft snow. >>
      EDIT – Sounds like projection. Rephrase if you actually hiked with them under these conditions; otherwise delete.

      << I will probably leave the BETAs at home and stick to my Chinooks.>>
      EDIT: You need to identify the Chinooks as another Yukon Charlie's snowshoe – do it here rather than later. Also, your earlier OR has been deleted, so you need to revise the later reference accordingly.
    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2012
        Richard,

        Thanks for another insightful edit. I've made all the corrections and deleted and uploaded. These are really great snowshoes - I've had other snowshoes 3 times the price and I still prefer my ancient Chinooks and now the BETAS. John is the same way - 3 pairs of snowshoes and he still wears his YCs. We even bought our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter YCs as well.

        See you on the next OR round!
        Kathy