Re: Appro - The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide - Richard Lyon

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2012
      Thanks, Roger. My apologies for the typos. A couple of notes below, Uploaded and Tests/OR folder copy deleted.

      Cheers, Richard

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "R&S Caffin" <r.caffin@...> wrote:

      > Appro - The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide - Richard Lyon
      >

      > > I do a weeklong trip every summer, and often take three-day trips.
      > Comment: 'weeklong' and 'three-day' - one hyphenated and one not?
      ### I've always deemed "weeklong," "daylong," and "yearlong" one word.

      > and "sturka's picks," with the author's own preferences.
      > Edit: should this be Sturka's picks? How does he write it?
      ### Throughout the book all these captions are lower case.

      > > (I especially recommend the chapter on footwear in this regard. I
      > > cannot recall a better discussion of what to consider when buying
      > > boots or hiking shoes.)
      > Comment: I think this is sufficiently important that I would not use
      > parentheses here.
      ### I agree. Revised.

      > > a dearth of arcane ratios and scientist's argot that,
      > Ouch! A hit...
      ### No offense intended.