EDIT: Owner Review- MSR HUBBA HUBBA - Andrew Hamilton

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2012
      Hi Andrew,

      You must have missed this part of the last edit:

      We suggest people start with a smaller piece of gear to do their first review. Things like clothing, cookware, compression sack, something like that. This is because it is easier to get through while you are starting out. We don't suggest things like shelters, packs or electronics because there is so much to tell about them. You have chosen to review a tent. (One I know well, I had the 3-person version and the HP version of yours.) One thing you review is missing is the product description. This is needed for any review and for a tent review there is a lot of information to convey. If you want to go ahead with this review I will edit what is here, but you will need to add a Product Description section to the review to go forward.

      If you need help with this I suggest contacting Jenn and getting a mentor to work with you. Send an email to mentor@... asking for a mentor if that is what you want to do.

      Otherwise read some tent reviews from veteran testers to see what they do.

      Ray
    • Andrew Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2012
        Ray,
        Thanks again Ray. I think I'm going to hold off on tent review for now. I don't want to keep wasting your time or mine! I have a bunch of little, very simple stuff rolling around in my pack, think I'll start there. Read a few tent reviews since your last email and I think I will do it for my second OR because I hate to give up on anything.

        Andrew

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 8, 2012, at 7:47 AM, "Ray" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

        > Hi Andrew,
        >
        > You must have missed this part of the last edit:
        >
        > We suggest people start with a smaller piece of gear to do their first review. Things like clothing, cookware, compression sack, something like that. This is because it is easier to get through while you are starting out. We don't suggest things like shelters, packs or electronics because there is so much to tell about them. You have chosen to review a tent. (One I know well, I had the 3-person version and the HP version of yours.) One thing you review is missing is the product description. This is needed for any review and for a tent review there is a lot of information to convey. If you want to go ahead with this review I will edit what is here, but you will need to add a Product Description section to the review to go forward.
        >
        > If you need help with this I suggest contacting Jenn and getting a mentor to work with you. Send an email to mentor@... asking for a mentor if that is what you want to do.
        >
        > Otherwise read some tent reviews from veteran testers to see what they do.
        >
        > Ray
        >

        > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
        > How 6-year-old saved best friend's life
        > Privacy Policy

      • Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2012
          Hi Andrew,

          Definitely hang on to it, but it is a good idea to do something easier first. Just make sure whatever it is that it is currently available. I was going to let the tent go even though they updated it as I believe just the color changed on them.

          If you are not sure feel free to ask here.

          Ray