EDIT/Apprval - OR - REI Lightweight Compression Sack - Andrea Murland

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 5:52 AM
      Hello Andrea,
      Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

      EDIT: must be changed

      "The REI Lightweight Compression Sack is a basic compression sack made from silcone-impregnated ripstop nylon."

      EDIT – Spelling of silicone
      Edit – I realize it is basically the same thing, but for consistency with the mfg website, I would change your use of "silicone-impregnated" to match the mfg's use of "siliconized".

      "The straps and haul loop are sewn on with a "box and x" pattern."

      EDIT - The type of webbing securing stitch pattern you refer to is actually called a "box stitch" or a "bar-tack." Please change accordingly.

      "On my trip home they got used to pack my dirty rock climbing and hiking clothes, and got covered in hairspray on my flight."

      Comment – You mention the hairspray incident numerous times so it begs us to wonder… we're all very curious exactly how the hairspray got onto your gear. Did a container get punctured and it dripped or did the cap come off and it sprayed or was it initially contained in a sealable plastic bag (IE "Ziplock") and we're thinking that your other readers will as well.

      "Function
      The Lightweight Compression Stuff Sacks have done well compressing the gear that I shove in ."

      EDIT – Remove the extra space before the "period" at the end of your sentence.

      "On any day in my Search & Rescue pack, one contains a spare pair of wool socks, spare…"

      Edit – Unless "Search & Rescue" pack is a brand name of a pack, I would use lower-case for search & rescue pack….

      "With the size that I have, compressing the basic set of gear means that I have the straps pulled as short as they go."

      Comment – I personally think of "gear" as something other than "clothing." Your lead-in to this sentence lists all clothing items that you here state that you "compress" by pulling the straps as short as they go.

      "I have soaked through my pack and onto the sacks a couple of times, and the contents have stayed dry."

      Edit– I don't believe "You" have really soaked through your pack, but water probably has ;) I would change this to something like, "I've found that water has soaked through my pack…"

      That's it. Go ahead and upload when you've finished and please remember to delete your test file version.

      A folder for your review has been made here:
      Reviews > Stuff Sacks > Compression Sacks > REI Lightweight Compression Stuff Sacks

      Have a great day,
      Mike
    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7 8:47 PM
        Thanks Mike.
        I think that's the most edits I've ever had on a review! Guess that means I need more practice...
        I made all the changes (thank you...box stitch, my mind wouldn't give me that phrase! Though I remember from sewing class that a bar tack is a completely different kind of reinforcing stitch...), uploaded, and deleted my test copy.
        Andrea