Re: Member Comment-Hammock Gear 20*F Incubator - Steve Kidd

  • ftroop94
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2012
      Thank you for the Comment! I have done a tiny bit of rewording. Feel free to review this rewrite...

      As I understand, 1 oz (28 g) of 900 fill down takes up more volume than the same amount of 800 fill. Therefore a higher fill allows for a lighter product with a similar comfort rating. To spot check the customer service I received when I purchased my quilt well over a year ago I decided to call the company. An owner, Adam Hurst, answered the phone and was extremely helpful. As I suspected, Hammock Gear has continued is to stuff their quilts with the same amount of down, 12 oz (340 g) in my case.

      In my discussion with him, he explained that around a year ago he and the co-owner, his wife Jenny, decided to begin carrying only the 900 fill down, as the varying types had become a little confusing to customers. He stated, they continue to stuff the quilts with the same weight allowing for a little 'padding' to give the end user a very conservative temperature rating. Thus, per Adam, Hammock Gear has not renamed their three quilt fills to a lower rating.