Edit/Approval - ZPacks Zero - Ray Estrella

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2012
      Ray,

      Great report, great product. I love my Blast, which I bought to use as a day pack on my trail maintenance trips. Just a few edits (mostly suggestions), in the standard format, and you are cleared to upload to http://tinyurl.com/6sxasmc

      Cheers, Richard

      << Size: XS>>
      Edit: You may wish to mention the other sizes available, perhaps with the capacity range.

      <<The Zpacks Zero backpack is an extremely light weight stripped down daypack>>
      Edit: stripped-down [with a hyphen]

      << I purchased it for its ability to act as a dual-use product (daypack and waterproof protection for my down sleeping gear) something that it does quite well. >>
      Edit: A comma after the parenthesis would aid readability.

      << A stripped down version of the companies very popular Blast Pack it gets its name because it is a Blast with zero extras. >>
      Edit: stripped-down [with a hyphen]
      EDIT: company's [possessive]
      Edit: A comma after "Blast Pack" would aid readability.

      <<The Zero is offered with a choice of two weights of Cuben Fiber. Mine is the
      lightest weight offering. >>
      Edit: lighter weight [lighter of two, lightest of three or more]

      <<It should be noted that this year they have added a nylon strap and
      daisy chain to the shoulder straps which increases the weight from my version,
      when this used to be an option.>>
      EDIT: increase the weight
      EDIT: these used to be options ["strap and daisy chain" is plural. You could instead change "strap and daisy chain" to "strap/daisy chain" if it used to be a single option.]

      <<As a backpacker that has embraced the idea of cutting weight>>
      Edit: As a backpacker who has [People are "who," things are "that" or "which."]

      <<When I saw the Zero for the first time I knew that I found a great multi-use product, a fact that was born out as soon as I bought it.>>
      EDIT: borne out
      Comment: Found a new use for my Blast! Thanks.

      <<Or a bathing suit, towel, cup, bottle of frozen water, and Platy Bottle of Scotch like I have in this picture on the way to Willet Hot Springs, 0.6 mi (1 km) from our camp on Sespe Creek in the Sespe Wilderness. Nothing like roughing itÂ… ;-)>>
      Comment: My kind of camping!

      <<It carries what would be the equivalent of a couple shopping bags worth of groceries. >>
      Edit: couple bags' worth
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
        Thanks as always for your keen eye Richard,