EDIT/APPROVAL - MEC Terrena Pants - Theresa Lawrence

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2012
      Theresa,

      Excellent Owner Review, thorough and interesting. It tempts me to revise my own long-dormant MEC membership. Thanks for making my job an easy one.

      Just a few minor edits below, in the standard BGT format:

      EDIT (all caps) – required change
      Edit (initial cap) – suggested change or request for clarification
      Comment – just that, no change required

      For future reference, kindly include, in the body of your message posting the plain text of an Owner Review or Test Report, a tinyurl link to the html version in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder on BackpackGearTest.org. This aids the editor or test monitor's locating it in the Tests folder.

      As this is your second Owner Review, you are now officially a Newbie and eligible to apply to test gear. Congratulations! To do this, you need to (i) complete a tester agreement (you can download one from the BackpackGearTest.org website), and send it E-Mail as an attachment the entire completed and signed document to:

      Reviewprogram@...
      Subject – attn: New Tester Agreement

      and (ii) join BGT's sister Yahoo group, backpackgeartestERS, and watch for Test Calls. I know that there are a few pending now, so get your tester agreement off! A hint – keep posting Owner Reviews. That will earn you credit with the Test Managers.

      Cheers, Richard

      General Comment on your bio: I think it's one of the most informative that I've seen on BGT.

      << Color Tested: Shady Grey>>
      Comment: I thought it was spelled "colour" in Canada.

      <<Regular refers to an inseam length of 81cm (32 in)>>
      EDIT: Add a space between "81" and "cm"

      << They have been used in temperatures down to -5 C (-9
      F) in the winter and up to 35 C (63 F) in the summer and have seen all elements of wind, rain and snow.>>
      EDIT: Your conversions are incorrect. Also, I suspect your winter temperatures were colder than -5 C. Please revise.

      << My legs are long and typically it's difficult to find pants long enough to cover the tops of my hiking boots. >>
      Comment: Too true. Glad to hear that MEC passes this test.

      <<What does annoy me is that the fly doesn't lie flat between the top of the zipper and the button snap creating a bulge, which I believe draws unwanted attention to the area (maybe I'm just overly self-conscious). >>
      Edit: A comma after "button snap" would aid readability.

      <<The design of these pants with the knee darts make them ideal for hiking, scrambling and climbing up mountains.>>
      EDIT: makes them ["design" is singular.]

      <<In the winter they continued to perform well with a thin thermal layer underneath down to about -5 C (-9 F).>>
      EDIT: Same as above. Something needs correcting.

      <<I find I don't use the pockets much except for the thigh pocket, which always carries some extra tissue and ChapStick.>>
      EDIT: For legal reasons, and to focus our readers on the product under review, BGT doesn't allow references to brand names of other products. Change "ChapStick" to "lip balm."

      <<In the 2 years that I have had these pants, they still look new.>>
      Edit: "After 2 years" reads better than "In the two years that I have had these pants." As your meaning is clear, up to you.

      <<and they can be used several times without odor making them great
      for multiple day trips. >>
      Edit: I'd add a comma after "odor"
    • richardglyon@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2012
        Theresa,

        Forgot to post a link to the folder for your OR. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/7mzkpca

        Cheers, Richard
      • Theresa Lawrence
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2012
          Thanks Richard for the edits,
          Canada is indeed COLOURFUL, but when using an American spell checker  it tends to change COLOR ...  :)
          I can't seem to get the link below to work to post my OR ... can you help?
          Cheers,Theresa

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2012
            Theresa,

            Found the problem. I think the link will work now. http://tinyurl.com/7mzkpca