REPOST: OR INJINJI LIGHTWEIGHT CREW TOESOCKS Frances Penn

  • Frances
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2012
      http://tinyurl.com/6sy25ae

      INJINJI LIGHTWEIGHT CREW TOESOCKS
      BY FRANCES PENN
      OWNER REVIEW
      February 6, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Frances Penn
      EMAIL: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      AGE: 55
      LOCATION: Costa Mesa, California, USA
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 130 lb (59.00 kg)

      I have been backpacking for four years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My daypack weight is usually 15 lb [7 kg] and my backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb [13-14 kg]. I am a tent camper and have experienced snow camp once, all night rain twice and heavy winds but mostly fair weather.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: Injinji
      Year of Manufacture: 2011
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.injinji.com/">>
      MSRP: US$10.00
      Model: Lightweight Crew Toesocks
      Color: Black [also available in Heather Gray]
      Materials: 75% CoolMax polyester, 22% Nylon and 3% Lycra
      Size: Women's Medium [Size S-XL available]
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 1" IMAGE CAPTION = "from website">>

      Types of toesocks available:
      Lightweight, Original Weight, Midweight, Ex-celerator Compression Toesock in the Performance Series, the Outdoor Series and the Yoga Series. This review will only address the lightweight crew length toesocks from the Performance Series.

      Description: Individual anatomic toe sleeves form a thin anti-blister membrane between toes to eliminate skin-against-skin friction. 2-ply construction prevents sock movement and increases wicking and circulation. Precisely stitched heels deter bunching and help provide a comfortable fit and easy layering. Double-layered welt top maintains shape for long-lasting performance and support. The toesocks wick moisture, dry quickly and breathe well. Nylon is added for durability. The toesocks can be used as a liner under a traditional hiking sock or worn alone.

      FIELD USE

      For the entire four years I have been hiking and backpacking, I have developed blisters on my feet, specifically between my toes, on the outside edge of my little toes, the bottoms of each toe that slid under the toe next to it while hiking, and the outside edges of my heels. I tried every thickness of sock available, including traditional liner socks alone, liner socks under all thicknesses of hiking socks, and expedition weight very thick hiking socks, in an effort to find a solution to my blister problem. I tried these toesocks as a last ditch effort to try anything that might help my blister problem. I was extremely relieved that I didn't get a blister the first time I used them in June 2011. I have not developed blisters since using these toesocks as liner socks under medium weight synthetic hiking socks. I wear the crew length toesocks because I prefer wearing high top hiking boots and socks. These toesocks come in various heights, including no-show, mini crew and crew.
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 2" IMAGE CAPTION = "both toesocks">>

      I have worn these toesocks as liner socks approximately 50 days of hiking and backpacking on 2-3 day trips on most weekends in the spring, summer and fall, and on my 5-day summer trips mostly on dirt trails with small amounts of rocky cross-country sections included.

      The toesocks dry quickly during rest periods and after removal at the end of the day. I wash them in the machine with my other hiking clothes and hang them to dry.

      I have worn the toesocks every day on all of my trips. I take them off at the end of the day and leave them on the floor of my tent. They dry within a few minutes. The next morning, they are odor free and ready to be worn for another day of hiking. I am always looking for ways to lighten my pack and these toesocks allow me to leave my extra socks at home. They have retained their shape and wicking properties after 5 days of daily use. There is no bunching on the subsequent days of wear.

      The toesocks have not torn or stretched out of shape and remain odor free.

      SUMMARY

      I have not developed blisters while wearing these toesocks. They take a little practice to be sure each individual toe is placed correctly. I have been careful to place the seam on the top of my hiking socks above my little toe for the most comfortable fit. I am specifically impressed by the lack of wear of these toesocks.
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3" IMAGE CAPTION = "Close-up showing no wear">>

      THINGS I LIKE

      The lightweight, wicking material keeps my feet comfortable and dry on long days of hiking and on multi-day trips.
      The toesocks stay in place once placed on my feet with no slipping or bunching under my hiking socks.
      I have worn these toesocks for 5 days in a row and they performed well every day of the trip.
      The toesocks show no wear, they have not torn where the toes are attached, they have retained their shape and are odor free.
      They fit as tight as the first day I wore them.

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      They take a few extra moments to be sure the toesocks are placed on each individual toe correctly, but well worth the extra effort.
      The removal process takes a few extra moments to loosen each individual toe prior to removing the socks.
      There is not a big color selection available.

      SIGNATURE

      Frances Penn
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net

      Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.