Edit/Approval: OR - Marmot Guides Down Sweater - Brett Haydin

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi Brett,

      Thanks for the OR, your edits will follow. Once made you can upload to:

      Reviews > Clothing > Jackets > Marmot Guides Down Sweater

      I used to have one of these too, but they added the "Guides" to the name. They are nice.

      Ray

      ***Manufacturer's Website: www.marmot.com

      EDIT: this link is wrong, it goes nowhere

      *** is a 650-Fill down sweater with a full length zipper on the front. 650 -Fill refers to the down quality;

      EDIT: no cap on "fill"

      *** The down is held in place by 6 in (15 cm) tubular baffels that run horizontally across the sweater,

      EDIT: "baffles" and I would drop "tubular" as the baffles are actually just the material that separates the down into the horizontal sections, while tubular means that it is a cylindrical shape. (Most baffles are square or trapezoidal.)

      *** The amount of the fill as well as it's loft

      EDIT: its

      ***The sleeves use a box wall baffel construction;

      EDIT: baffle

      ***The other adjustable are is the waist hem,

      EDIT: I think this needs to be reworded ;-)

      *** The draw cord is secured in place with a quick release that is anchored to the jacket.

      Edit: a quick-release buckle is like a Fastex that comes apart. I thought the sweater uses a tethered spring-release cord-lock. Is that what you have?

      *** One provides care instructions, two have fabric information, one states the down lot number and the last has a bunch of numbers, which I presume is some

      EDIT: some, what? We want to know…

      ***My hiking and backpacking takes my high up in the Colorado Rockies

      EDIT: takes "me"

      ***The Guide has accompanied my up dozens of mountains

      EDIT: "me"
    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
        Ray,

        Thanks for the edits. Bunch of bonehead mistakes, but I am glad you caught
        them all. And thanks for the name "tethered spring tension cord-lock." I
        was having a moment and couldn't recall exactly what that is called. J

        Uploaded to the folder and deleted the test file. Thanks again!