Thank you Brett H - Re: OR - Marmot Guides Down Sweater

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011

      Editors Team Director
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
        Hi Brett,

        Thanks for the OR, your edits will follow. Once made you can upload to:

        Reviews > Clothing > Jackets > Marmot Guides Down Sweater

        I used to have one of these too, but they added the "Guides" to the name. They are nice.

        Ray

        ***Manufacturer's Website: www.marmot.com

        EDIT: this link is wrong, it goes nowhere

        *** is a 650-Fill down sweater with a full length zipper on the front. 650 -Fill refers to the down quality;

        EDIT: no cap on "fill"

        *** The down is held in place by 6 in (15 cm) tubular baffels that run horizontally across the sweater,

        EDIT: "baffles" and I would drop "tubular" as the baffles are actually just the material that separates the down into the horizontal sections, while tubular means that it is a cylindrical shape. (Most baffles are square or trapezoidal.)

        *** The amount of the fill as well as it's loft

        EDIT: its

        ***The sleeves use a box wall baffel construction;

        EDIT: baffle

        ***The other adjustable are is the waist hem,

        EDIT: I think this needs to be reworded ;-)

        *** The draw cord is secured in place with a quick release that is anchored to the jacket.

        Edit: a quick-release buckle is like a Fastex that comes apart. I thought the sweater uses a tethered spring-release cord-lock. Is that what you have?

        *** One provides care instructions, two have fabric information, one states the down lot number and the last has a bunch of numbers, which I presume is some

        EDIT: some, what? We want to know…

        ***My hiking and backpacking takes my high up in the Colorado Rockies

        EDIT: takes "me"

        ***The Guide has accompanied my up dozens of mountains

        EDIT: "me"
      • Brett Haydin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
          Ray,

          Thanks for the edits. Bunch of bonehead mistakes, but I am glad you caught
          them all. And thanks for the name "tethered spring tension cord-lock." I
          was having a moment and couldn't recall exactly what that is called. J

          Uploaded to the folder and deleted the test file. Thanks again!