OR - Ursack Minor - Charles Nichols

  • hikingshoes
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      Here is my review on my Ursack Minor. HTML at http://tinyurl.com/6rgf9ta
      Thanks,
      Charles

      Ursack Minor
      BY Charles Nichols
      OR
      November 30, 2011

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Charles Nichols
      EMAIL: hikingshoesATyahooDOTcom
      AGE: 48
      LOCATION: Corinth, Mississippi, United States
      GENDER: m
      HEIGHT: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
      WEIGHT: 218 lb (98.90 kg)

      Over the years, I have come to love hiking/backpacking. I have hiked sections of the Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. I started out with a 45 lb to 50 lb (20 to 23 kg) pack. After meeting other hikers using lighter gear has encouraged me to get lighter gear of my own. My current pack weight is 28 lb - 30 lb (13 to 14 kg) now.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      *Pictured here with and without optional aluminum liner
      *Photo Courtesy of Ursack website
      Manufacturer: Ursack
      Year of Manufacture: 2009
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.ursack.com/ursack-catalog.htm" LINK TEXT = "www.ursack.com">>
      MSRP: US $ 49.95
      Listed Weight: 2.7 oz ( 77 g)
      Measured Weight: 2.6 oz ( 74 g)

      PRODUCT Description : <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 2">>
      *The Ursack Minor is made of superfine fiber and dense weave Kevlar farbic to prevent sharp toothed critters from getting your food.
      *The Ursack Minor will NOT protect against bears.
      *Diameter: 8 inches (20 m) X 13 inches (33 m) tall
      *intergrated 4 ft (1.22 m) cord
      *holds about 650 cubic inches (10652 cc )

      FIELD USE

      The Ursack Minor has been with me on numerous backpacking trips like the Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. Here are just a few trips where I have use my Ursack Minor car camping (2-3 days) and (3-4 days) backpacking trips.
      IMAGE 3 - Items I use to Hang my Ursack Minor (hereafter referred to as the "food bag").
      My Ursack Minor food bag, 550 cord 50 ft (54.24 m) with one end tied to the loop in the bottom of my rope bag. I add a rock to the rope bag for weight so i can throw my rope bag over the tree branch. Take the other end of the 550 cord and attach the D-ring which is attach to the food bag. Once the food bag is attach I like to use the Pacific Crest Trail method (PCT method) because it is fast and easy to hang. Once the food bag is over the branch I use a stick or tent stake to secure the knot. I haven't nor have I had any problems with bear are critters on the "AT" for as food goes that I'm aware of. The only time I've had any animal trying to get in my food bag was for this test I'm doing now.

      IMAGE 4
      09/05/2010 - Hanging my Ursack Minor (IMAGE4) on the Appalachian trail (AT). The weather was awesome sunny, with a nice breezes blowing and the temperature was in the upper 70 F (21.11 C) and lows in the 50 F (10 C) at night. After I summit Max Patch 4629 ft (1411 m) I setup camp had some dinner (supper) then headed off Max Patch to the woods in search of a nice tree branch to hang my food bag. Once I picked the right tree out and hang my food bag using the PCT method it was time to head back up to camp for a good nights rest. If your camping on top of Max Patch you'll have to walk about 50 ft (15.24 m) - 100 ft (30.38 m) are more to hang your food bag.

      IMAGE 5
      04/09/2011 - In the picture (IMAGE5) is my Ursack Minor bag (hereafter referred to as the "food bag") attach to the picnic table for testing. I normally use the Pacific Crest Trail method (PCT method) to hang my food bag, but at the time I wanted to test my food bag. It was a very nice night for car camping on the Tennessee river in Pickwick, Tennesse. The weather was in the upper 65 F (18.33 C) lows in the 50 F (10 C), with a light wind blowing. Once, I was in bed I heard something outside my tent so I looked out and it was the biggest raccoon I have ever seen. After looking for my camera and light and making all that noise you would think the raccoon would have left. After taking pictures and video for about 15 - 20 minutes and trying three times to open the food bag he was done. What is funny the trash in the bag hanging up the raccoon never tough it for the two days we was their camping.

      SUMMARY

      Overall, I am very pleased with the Ursack Minor. I have seen a raccoon trying to gnaw their way in, but the Ursack was not compromised.
      The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon.Thats what sole me on buying this food bag.

      THINGS I LIKE

      *Keeps my food safe for critters(not bears)
      *weight isn't bad
      * It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), store my cooking set.

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      *The Ursack Minor is not waterproof,you will need to use a plastic liner, sil-nylon, or other method to keep your food dry.
      * Some National Park Service want let you use the Ursack Minor so check the regulations in your area.

      SIGNATURE

      Charles Nichols

      Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

        Editors Team Director
      • Ray
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 17, 2011
          Hi Charles,

          Looks like you get me for your second review too. As you will recall the edits will follow and take this format:

          EDIT: must be changed

          ***The Ursack Minor is made of superfine fiber and dense weave Kevlar farbic to
          prevent sharp toothed critters from getting your food.

          EDIT: remember that we need to keep the reviews in the first person. No "you" and "your"

          Charles, can you please write a description of the Ursack. Just listing some bullet points is not enough. When testers are selected for gear tests they need to show that they can write a good review. The description is one of the most important parts. I know there is not much to describe, but put it into sentences. What does the material feel like? Is it stiff or loose? How is the integrated cord attached?

          *** Items I use to Hang my Ursack Minor

          EDIT: no cap for "hang"

          *** Take the other end of the 550 cord and attach the D-ring which is attach to the food bag.

          EDIT: "I" take the other end of the 550 cord and attach the D-ring which is "attached" to the food bag.

          ***Once the food bag is attach I like to use the Pacific Crest Trail method

          EDIT: attached

          *** I haven't nor have I had any problems with bear are critters on the "AT" for as food goes that I'm aware of.

          EDIT: you seem to be missing something here. (You haven't what?)

          ***The only time I've had any animal trying to get in my food bag was for this test I'm doing now.

          EDIT: what test? Ah, I see you mention it later. You should reword this sentence. The only time I've had any animal trying to get in my food bag was the time I purposely left it out as a test of its abilities.

          *** The weather was awesome sunny, with a nice breezes blowing and the temperature

          EDIT: the comma should be after "awesome. Delete "a" before "nice"

          *** Once I picked the right tree out and hang my food bag

          EDIT: and "hung" my food bag

          *** it was time to head back up to camp for a good nights rest.

          EDIT: night's

          ***If your camping on top of Max Patch you'll have to walk about 50 ft (15.24 m) - 100 ft (30.38 m) are more to hang your food bag.

          EDIT: the you thing again. Plus, "or" more to hang your food bag

          *** In the picture (IMAGE5) is my Ursack Minor bag (hereafter referred to as the "food bag")

          EDIT: you have already said this earlier in the review.

          *** attach to the picnic table for testing.

          EDIT: attached

          *** It was a very nice night for car camping on the Tennessee river in Pickwick, Tennesse.

          EDIT: Tennessee "River" in Pickwick, "Tennessee".

          ***The weather was in the upper 65 F (18.33 C) lows in the 50 F (10 C)

          EDIT: it was either 65 F or in the upper 60's F (Also notice the way I wrote it with an "s". That is what all of yours are missing.)

          *** Once, I was in bed I heard something outside my tent

          EDIT: delete the comma

          *** After looking for my camera and light and making all that noise you would think the raccoon would have left.

          EDIT: the you thing

          *** What is funny the trash in the bag hanging up the raccoon never tough it for the two days we was their camping.

          EDIT: I don't know what this means.

          *** I have seen a raccoon trying to gnaw their way in,

          EDIT: unless there was more than one it would not be "their"

          ***The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon.Thats what sole me on buying this food bag.

          EDIT: "that's" what "sold".
          Comment: But you bought the bag long before you had your raccoon encounter.

          ***Keeps my food safe for critters(not bears)

          EDIT: "from" critters and need a space before (not bears)

          *** It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), store my cooking set.

          EDIT: "store my cooking set" does not make any sense. What are you trying to say about it?

          ***The Ursack Minor is not waterproof,you will need to use a plastic liner, sil-nylon, or other method to keep your food dry.

          ***Some National Park Service want let you use the Ursack Minor so check the regulations in your area.

          EDIT: the you thing again.
        • Lori
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 17, 2011
            I would suggest rephrasing the sentence below entirely to say that
            the Minor is specifically for preventing smaller creatures from
            getting food or trash, and one should not use it where there are
            recommendations to hang food or use canisters due to problem bear
            activity. There are plenty of places that aren't in National Parks
            that have problem bears that issue recommendations to hang food high
            using counterbalance, or use a canister.

            I think that "want" should be won't....

            Lori

            On Dec 17, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Ray wrote:

            > ***Some National Park Service want let you use the Ursack Minor so
            > check the regulations in your area.
            >
            > EDIT: the you thing again.

          • hikingshoes
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 27, 2011
              "OOP" Dec 27,2011 - Jan.02,2012.Sorry guys but didnt think I'd be picked up until Jan..had this plan for three weeks.Hope you understand.
              Happy New Years,
              Charles

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 30, 2012
                RAY - Charles Nichols - Ursack Minor - Posted Dec 1(msg#80760), Taken Dec 17, Edit Dec 17(80811), OOP until Jan 2, Follow-up sent Jan 30

                Hi Charles,

                Following a review of our Owner Review queue at BackpackGearTest.org I noticed you have not responded to the Edit given for the above Owner's Review, which was posted by Ray back on 17 Dec. Please refer to message number 80811 at

                Editors Team Director
              • hikingshoes
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 5, 2012
                  Ray,

                  Here is my "EDIT" OR. Sorry for taking so long but due to working
                  7/12's its hard to get to the report. Thanks for your help and time.
                  Here is my HMTL : http://tinyurl.com/89hfvaz
                  <http://tinyurl.com/89hfvaz>

[...]

                  <http://www.ursack.com> ">>
                  MSRP: US $ 49.95
                  Listed Weight: 2.7 oz ( 77 g)
                  Measured Weight: 2.6 oz ( 74 g)

                  PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :
                  Over the years I've used a stuff sack as my food bag along with a zip
                  lock bag. I was looking for a food bag that was safe for critters and
                  not so much bears. I had a friend whos hike the Appalachian trail twice
                  turned me on to the Ursack Minor. At first the food bag was stiff and
                  hard to close the top, but over a period of time using the food bag on
                  the trail it became more flexable/soft, not to the point that it wouldnt
                  protect my food. I now own the Ursack Minor (hereafter referred to as
                  "food bag") for a year now, which I love. If you're not familiar with
                  the (Ursack), they're made out of Kevlar fabric, which is the same
                  fabric that bullproof vests are made of. The food bag has a intergrated
                  4ft (1.22m) cord which is ran through a channel at the top of the food
                  bag to close the top using a double overhand knot. See picture below.
                  At 8 inches (20m) x 13 inches (33m) tall the food bag holds about 650
                  cubic inches (10652 cc ) I can pack 3 - 4 days of food with no problem
                  and If needed 6 - 7 days of food. Once the food bag is packed and
                  secured,I'll hang using the Pacific Crest Trail method or I'll tie the
                  food bag to the base of the tree using a figure eight knot, because it
                  is easy to untie even after Ursack has been pulled on by a 500 pound
                  bear per Ursack website.

                  FIELD USE

                  The Ursack Minor has been with me on numerous backpacking trips like the
                  Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness
                  in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. Here are just a
                  few trips where I have use my Ursack Minor car camping (2-3 days) and
                  (3-4 days) backpacking trips.
                  <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3">>IMAGE3
                  09/05/2010 - Hanging my food bag on the Appalachian Trail (AT). The
                  weather was awesome,sunny,nice breezes was blowing and the temperture
                  was in the upper 70's F (21.11c) and lower 50's F (10 c) at night. After
                  I summit Max Patch at 4629 ft (1411 m) I setup camp had some dinner.
                  After dinner I packed my food items in my food bag and headed off the
                  summit to find a tree to hang my food bag for the night.
                  <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 4">> IMAGE 4
                  04/09/2011 - In the picture (IMAGE4) is my Ursack Minor bag attached to
                  the picnic table for testing. I normally use the Pacific Crest Trail
                  method (PCT method) to hang my food bag, but at the time I wanted to
                  test my food bag. It was a very nice night for car camping on the
                  Tennessee River in Pickwick, Tennesse. The weather was in the upper 60's
                  F (18.33 C) lows in the 50's F (10 C), with a light wind blowing. Once I
                  was in bed I heard something outside my tent so I looked out and it was
                  the biggest raccoon I have ever seen. After looking for my camera and
                  light and making all that noise in the world I would think the raccoon
                  would have left. After taking pictures and video for about 15 - 20
                  minutes and trying three times to open the food bag he was done. What is
                  funny the trash bag hanging up in the back ground the raccoon never
                  tough it for the two days we was their camping.

                  SUMMARY

                  Overall, I am very pleased with the Ursack Minor. Having seen a raccoon
                  try to gnaw there way into the food bag, the Ursack was not compromised.
                  The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon.Thats what sold me
                  on buying this food bag.

                  THINGS I LIKE

                  *Keeps my food safe from critters (not bears)
                  *weight isn't bad
                  * It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), plus it will hold me cook pot
                  too.

                  THINGS I DON'T LIKE

                  *The Ursack Minor is not waterproof, so I'll need to use a plastic
                  liner, sil-nylon, or other method to keep the food dry.
                  * Some National Park Service want let us use the Ursack Minor so check
                  the regulations in your area.

                  SIGNATURE

                  Charles Nichols

                  Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.

> [...]
                  >
                  > EDIT: I don't know what this means.
                  >

                  > *** I have seen a raccoon trying to gnaw their way in,
                  >
                  > EDIT: unless there was more than one it would not be "their"
                  >

                  > ***The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon.Thats what
                  sole me on buying this food bag.

                  > EDIT: "that's" what "sold".
                  > Comment: But you bought the bag long before you had your raccoon
                  encounter.

                  > ***Keeps my food safe for critters(not bears)
                  >
                  > EDIT: "from" critters and need a space before (not bears)
                  >

                  > *** It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), store my cooking set.
                  >
                  > EDIT: "store my cooking set" does not make any sense. What are you
                  trying to say about it?

                  > ***The Ursack Minor is not waterproof,you will need to use a plastic
                  liner, sil-nylon, or other method to keep your food dry.

                  > ***Some National Park Service want let you use the Ursack Minor so

                • Ray
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 6, 2012
                    Hello Charles,

                    We still have a long way to go here. I would like to suggest that you use a spell checker before posting your reviews. Most of these edits would be caught beforehand if you did so making both our jobs a lot simpler. Same deal as before. Please make the corrections and repost here, placing a new version in the test folder too.

                    Ray

                    *** I was looking for a food bag that was safe for critters and not so much bears.

                    EDIT: it keeps your food safe from critters. It is not safe for critters. I would say, I was looking for a food storage bag that would keep my food protected from small critters, but not bears.

                    ***I had a friend whos hike the Appalachian trail twice turned me on to the Ursack Minor.

                    EDIT: I had a friend who has hiked the Appalachian Trail turn me on to the Ursack Minor.

                    *** but over a period of time using the food bag on the trail it became more flexable/soft,

                    EDIT: flexible

                    ***not to the point that it wouldnt protect my food.

                    EDIT: wouldn't

                    *** they're made out of Kevlar fabric, which is the same fabric that bullproof vests are made of

                    EDIT: bulletproof

                    ***The food bag has a intergrated 4ft (1.22m) cord

                    EDIT: The food bag has "an integrated 4 ft (1.22 m)" cord (spelling and spacing issues here.)

                    ***At 8 inches (20m) x 13 inches (33m) tall

                    EDIT: please put a space before the abbreviations, plus it is cm, not m (20 cm)

                    *** Once the food bag is packed and secured,I'll hang using the Pacific Crest Trail method

                    EDIT: need a space after the comma

                    *** because it is easy to untie even after Ursack has been pulled on by a 500 pound bear per Ursack website.

                    EDIT: need the metric conversion for the bear's weight

                    *** The weather was awesome,sunny,nice breezes was blowing and the temperture was in the upper 70's F (21.11c) and lower 50's F (10 c)

                    EDIT: need spaces after the commas, spelling on "temperature" plus the abbreviation for Celsius is a capital C. Also the upper 70's F would be 25 C Also please round up to a whole number on the temps, no decimal places.

                    *** After I summit Max Patch at 4629 ft (1411 m) I setup camp had some dinner.

                    EDIT: After I summit Max Patch at 4629 ft (1411 m) I "set up camp and" had some dinner.

                    *** It was a very nice night for car camping on the Tennessee River in Pickwick, Tennesse.

                    EDIT: Tennessee (missing one e)

                    ***What is funny the trash bag hanging up in the back ground the raccoon never tough it for the two days we was their camping.

                    EDIT: This sentence is a mess. Try: It was funny that the trash bag hanging up in the background was never touched by the raccoon during the entire two days we were there camping.

                    *** Having seen a raccoon try to gnaw there way into the food bag,

                    EDIT: Having seen a raccoon try to gnaw "its" way into the food bag (If it was more than one you could have said "their")

                    ***The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon.Thats what sold me on

                    EDIT: Need a space after the period plus it is spelled "That's"

                    *** It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), plus it will hold me cook pot too.

                    EDIT: hold "my" cook pot

                    *** Some National Park Service want let us use the Ursack Minor so check the regulations in your area.

                    EDIT: please just delete this line. I understand what you are trying to say but the readers will find what the regulations are for their own areas.
                  • hikingshoes
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 12, 2012
                      Ray,
                      Here is my edit "OR " and my HTML. Please keep in mind im working 6/10's
                      so dont think Im not wanting to finish. Thanks, Charles

                      http://tinyurl.com/88doohu <http://tinyurl.com/88doohu>

[...]

                      lock bag. I was looking for a food storage bag that would keep my food
                      protected from small critters, but not bears. I had a friend who has
                      hike the Appalachian Trail twice turned me on to the Ursack Minor. At
                      first the food bag was stiff and hard to close the top, but over a
                      period of time using the food bag on the trail it became more
                      flexible/soft, not to the point that it wouldn't protect my food. I now
                      own the Ursack Minor (hereafter referred to as "food bag") for a year
                      now, which I love. If you're not familiar with the (Ursack), they're
                      made of Kevlar fabric, which is the same fabric that bulletproof vests
                      are made of. The food bag has an integrated 4 ft (1.22 m) cord which is
                      ran through a channel at the top of the food bag to close the top using
                      a double overhand knot. See picture below <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT =
                      "IMAGE 2">>. At 8 inches (20 cm) x 13 inches (33 cm) tall the food bag
                      holds about 650 cubic inches (10652 cc ) I can pack 3 - 4 days of food
                      with no problem and If needed 6 - 7 days of food. Once the food bag is
                      packed and secured, I'll hang using the Pacific Crest Trail method or
                      I'll tie the food bag to the base of the tree using a figure eight knot,
                      because it is easy to untie even after Ursack has been pulled on by a
                      500 pound bear (227 kg) per Ursack website.

                      FIELD USE

                      The Ursack Minor has been with me on numerous backpacking trips like the
                      Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness
                      in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. Here are just a
                      few trips where I have use my Ursack Minor car camping (2-3 days) and
                      (3-4 days) backpacking trips.
                      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3">>IMAGE3
                      09/05/2010 - Hanging my food bag on the Appalachian Trail (AT). The
                      weather was awesome, sunny, nice breezes was blowing and the temperature
                      was in the upper 70's F (25 C) and lower 50's F (10 C) at night. After I
                      summit Max Patch at 4629 ft (1411 m) I set up camp and had some dinner.
                      After dinner I packed my food items in my food bag and headed off the
                      summit to find a tree to hang my food bag for the night.
                      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 4">> IMAGE 4
                      04/09/2011 - In the picture (IMAGE4) is my Ursack Minor bag attached to
                      the picnic table for testing. I normally use the Pacific Crest Trail
                      method (PCT method) to hang my food bag, but at the time I wanted to
                      test my food bag. It was a very nice night for car camping on the
                      Tennessee River in Pickwick, Tennessee. The weather was in the upper
                      60's F (18 C) lows in the 50's F (10 C), with a light wind blowing. Once
                      I was in bed I heard something outside my tent so I looked out and it
                      was the biggest raccoon I have ever seen. After looking for my camera
                      and light and making all that noise in the world I would think the
                      raccoon would have left. After taking pictures and video for about 15 -
                      20 minutes and trying three times to open the food bag he was done. It
                      was funny the trash bag hanging up in the background was never touched
                      by the raccoon the entire two days we was their camping.

                      SUMMARY

                      Overall, I am very pleased with the Ursack Minor. Having seen a raccoon
                      try to gnaw its way into the food bag, the Ursack was not compromised.
                      The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon. That's what sold
                      me on buying this food bag.

                      THINGS I LIKE

                      *Keeps my food safe from critters (not bears)
                      *weight isn't bad
                      * It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), plus my cook pot as well.

                      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

                      *The Ursack Minor is not waterproof, but along with a plastic liner,
                      sil-nylon, or other method it will keep the food dry.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 13, 2012
                        Hi Charles,

                        No worries, I understand time constraints. (But not work constraints right now unfortunately ;-)

                        This is looking a lot better. There are still a few edits. (Some I had before, please check them thoroughly). Hopefully this will do it. REPOST and let me check the corrected HTML one more time and if it is good I shall make the permanent folder for your review.

                        Ray

                        Take a look at your HTML. Look at the picture showing the knot. The period that is supposed to be at the end of "See picture below" ended up under the photo. That needs to be corrected.

                        ***I can pack 3 - 4 days of food with no problem and If needed 6 - 7 days of food

                        EDIT: no capital I for `if"

                        ***It was funny the trash bag hanging up in the background was never touched by the raccoon the entire two days we was their camping.

                        EDIT: we "were there" camping.
                      • hikingshoes
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 13, 2012
                          Ray,
                          Reposting my "OR" and HTML . Thanks,Charles

[...]

                          by the raccoon the entire two days we were there camping.

                          SUMMARY

                          Overall, I am very pleased with the Ursack Minor. Having seen a raccoon
                          try to gnaw its way into the food bag, the Ursack was not compromised.
                          The Ursack Minor was never penetrated by the raccoon. That's what sold
                          me on buying this food bag.

                          THINGS I LIKE

                          *Keeps my food safe from critters (not bears)
                          *weight isn't bad
                          * It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), plus my cook pot as well.

                          THINGS I DON'T LIKE

                          *The Ursack Minor is not waterproof, but along with a plastic liner,
                          sil-nylon, or other method it will keep the food dry.

                          SIGNATURE

                          Charles Nichols

                          Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.

                          > Hi Charles,
                          >
                          > No worries, I understand time constraints. (But not work constraints
                          right now unfortunately ;-)

                          > This is looking a lot better. There are still a few edits. (Some I had
                          before, please check them thoroughly). Hopefully this will do it. REPOST
                          and let me check the corrected HTML one more time and if it is good I
                          shall make the permanent folder for your review.

                          > Ray
                          >

                          > Take a look at your HTML. Look at the picture showing the knot. The
                          period that is supposed to be at the end of "See picture below" ended up
                          under the photo. That needs to be corrected.

                          > ***I can pack 3 - 4 days of food with no problem and If needed 6 - 7
                          days of food

                          > EDIT: no capital I for `if"
                          >

                          > ***It was funny the trash bag hanging up in the background was never
                          touched by the raccoon the entire two days we was their camping.

                          > EDIT: we "were there" camping.

                        • Ray
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                            OK Charles, let's finish this up. Looking at the HTML I find just one more problem. But fix it and then go ahead and upload the corrected version to:

                            Reviews > Cook Gear > Bear Resistant Containers > Ursack Minor
                            Or: http://tinyurl.com/87rzx5r

                            Log in to BGT, and then navigate to that folder. Click "Upload File", be sure to select the "Owner Review" button, and follow the instructions to upload your HTML file and pictures.

                            Now take what we have gone through on this review and apply it towards writing your next one. One down, one to go.

                            Ray

                            EDIT: Look at your Things I Like section.

                            *Keeps my food safe from critters (not bears)
                            *weight isn't bad
                            * It holds 6-7 days of food (if needed), plus my cook pot as well.

                            Capitalize "Weight" so it matches the other bullet lines and remove the space before "It" so that line matches the others too.
                          • chuck nichols
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                              Ray,
                               This is my second OR. Thanks,Charles

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                                Ah, in that case,

                                As this is your second approved review, if you have submitted a Tester
                                Agreement, for which see:

                                that has been acknowledged, you are now eligible to participate in the testing process by applying for tests. If you have not sent your paperwork in, please do so at your earliest opportunity.

                                You will also need to join:

                                This is where everything related to Tests and Testing takes place.

                                However, please don't stop writing Owner Reviews. The more Owner Reviews you write, the better you will get at report writing and this won't go unnoticed when Test Moderators are choosing testers.

                                Congratulations!
                              • chuck nichols
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                                  Ray,
                                  Thanks for all the help!!! I mailed my BGT
                                  Agreement2012.doc  about 2 - 3 months ago. I'd like to do some more OR's and test gear as well, if thats ok? I think i still need alittle more work. I think the more i do OR's or test gear the better i'll get. Once again a big thank you for your time and help. Thanks Charles

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                                    Tester agreement has been received - you are ready to GO!

                                    Congratulations!
                                    Kathy

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
                                      Kathy,
                                      Thanks for the warm welcome ..Thanks, Charles