APPLICATION: Injinji Excelerator Socks - Gail

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2011
      Kurt,
      Please review my application to test the Injinji Excelerator Socks. I
      have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide
      Version 0609, and I agree to comply with all of these requirements as a
      tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also have
      a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 59
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 145 lb (66 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Field Locations:

      During
      the next four months I plan to do at least one four-day back country
      trip every month. This includes winter backpacking. I already committed
      to one six-day sledge trip in January but many other trips will occur
      before that. I am known for my spontaneity in making trips happen. I
      also will be doing three rustic cabin trips between December and the end
      of February that are four days a piece (I will be carrying my gear in
      each way plus snowshoeing and cross country skiing every day).

      The
      terrain will be mostly rocky trail before the snow starts piling up and
      then I will be snowshoeing or skiing while pulling a sledge on snow and
      ice. I'm active in the outdoors on an almost daily basis (once in
      awhile I take a day off!). Temperatures will surely average from around
      zero (O F/-18 C) to as high as 32 F (0 C). Low temps could drop to -20 F
      (-29 C. Elevation will be up to 2000 ft (610 m).

      ------

      Testing Strategy:

      cross country ski (last year over 80 days skiing alone), snowshoe and
      winter camp all winter long. I would test the Injinji Excelerator Socks for comfort, friction control, enhanced circulation and more. The socks would be worn with cross country ski boots, winter snow boots, mukluks and trail boots/shoes.

      Current Tests and Stage (5):

      -Knudsen Recharge Sports Drink - LTR due December 24
      -Fenix MC11 Angle Light -LTR due Dec 6
      -CamelBak HighWire Pack - LTR due Nov 22
      -Tilley TT W-2 Hat - FR due January 3
      -MontBell Frostline Jacket - FR due January 3

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (62) and Owner Reviews (25) - 4 new OR's in the last year can be seen here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Other Applications Pending: (0)

      Monitor (2 Currently):

      -Brook Range Map Tools