Thank you Charles N. Re: OR - GSI Minimalist solo cookset - Charles Nichols

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011

      Editors Team Director
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2011
        Hi Charles,

        I am going to take over as editor for your review now. Your edits will follow and will take the following format.

        EDIT: must be changed

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. You can put a new test version in the test folder too as I will work from it.

        Ray

        ***GSI Outdoors HALULITE Integrated Cooking System

        EDIT: Halulite Minimalist (not all caps as they do not spell it that way.)
        EDIT: it is not a "cooking" system, it is just an integrated cookset. I see that they group it with Integrated Systems, but no mention of cooking as it does not cook, it is used to cook with. Personally I do not feel it needs to be in the title, but up to you.

        ***Pictured but not included: Coleman F1 stove,Waterproof matches

        EDIT: no cap for "waterproof"

        ***Measured Weight of Pot/Mug with Sleeve: 4.2oz (118 g)

        EDIT: need a space at 4.2 oz

        EDIT: your weights do not add up to what you have as a total

        ***The GSI Halulite Minimalist is a solo pot designed for one person with an insulated sleeve that has a dual-purpose lid with two modes (boil and sip-it).

        EDIT: this needs to be two sentences as the way it reads now the sleeve has a lid. ;-)

        The GSI Halulite Minimalist is a solo pot designed for one person with an insulated sleeve. The pot has a dual-purpose lid with two modes (boil and sip-it).

        *** The GSI Halulite Minimalist is a .6 L (20.29 fl oz) pot made of hard anodized alloy.

        Edit: you may want to mention that the alloy is called Halulite, which is where it gets the name.

        ***Hard anodized surface can provide maximum thermal efficiency whether boiling, melting or simmering. The minimalist is everything you need gor cooking besides your stove and fuel.

        EDIT: it is not good to just paste the info from the web site. First of all you need "The" or something to start off the sentence. Next, do you know that it provides maximum thermal efficiency whether boiling, melting or simmering? Have you melted snow or ice with it?

        EDIT: Minimalist needs to always be capitalized as it is a proper noun.

        EDIT: we do not use "you" in our reviews. We keep it in the first person to avoid projection.

        EDIT: need "for" cooking

        *** I began heating 2 c (16 fl oz) of cold water

        EDIT: need the metric conversion for the cups or ounces (pick one)

        *** in my GSI Halulite Minimalist .6 L (20.29 fl oz) pot for supper

        EDIT: you don't need the ".6 L (20.29 fl oz)" any longer

        *** The next morning I setup my GSI Halulite Minimalist pot to heat up my water for breakfast. Once adding my coffee and sugar to my water, mixing it with my foon, my coffee was ready.

        EDIT: huh? Were you heating water for coffee then? (Not breakfast.)

        *** I put my GSI Halulite Minimalist pot in the sleeve

        EDIT: what is the sleeve made of? How does it work? This needs to be addressed in the Description. The pot gripper should be too.

        ***The foon worked well mixing my coffee too.

        EDIT: Foon (capitalized) please check all instances of this

        *** and applied a little pressure to seal sip-it lid to the pot.

        EDIT: to seal "the" sip-it lid

        *** I prefer to use it in the sip-it mode (Image 5), because steam drops off and makes a mess

        Comment: you like that it makes a mess? I think you mean to say that when in cover mode (or whatever) it makes a mess so you prefer sip-it mode?

        *** Also a picture with Steam dropping off my sip-it lid, after boiling water.

        EDIT: steam (no cap)

        ***I have also used the GSI Halulite Minimalist, car camping twice at the river in Pickwick, TN.

        EDIT: please spell out the state name

        *** I was about to heat 2 c (16 fl oz) of water

        EDIT: need the metric conversion for the cups or ounces (pick one)

        and within 3 - 4 minutes, I had a boil. After turning my stove off I used the pot gripper to pour my hot water into my dehydrated meal.

        ***My GSI Halulite Minimalist pot (diameter 4.2"/107 mm) due to the diameter being to big.

        EDIT: I don't know what you are trying to say here.

        ***Now the Jet boil canister (diameter: 3.5"/89 mm) will nest really well in the GSI Halulite Minimalist pot.

        EDIT: Jetboil (one word) and the name of their fuel is Jetpower
      • Ray
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2011
          The REPOST needs to go here, not my email.

          The HTML needs to go to the test folder like the first one did.

          Thanks,