EDIT: OR - Mountain Hardwear Dome Perignon - Alex Legg

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2011
      Hi Alex,

      You get me yet again my friend. You know the drill by now. Please correct the following edits and REPOST here along with putting a corrected version in the test folder.

      Ray

      EDIT: your link is not clickable

      ***Listed weight: 2 oz (57 g)
      ***MSRP: $30.00

      EDIT: your price and listed weight does not match the manufacturer's. Please adjust them.

      http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Men%27s-DomePerignon/OM4357,default,pd.html

      ***Size / circumference: S-7

      EDIT: if you want to list the circumference you need to state that it is inches, plus you need the metric conversion. Personally I would just leave it at the size.

      ***Available colors: Sapphire, Titanium, Black, Jungle, Thunderbird red

      EDIT: these don't match either. Where did you get these specs?

      *** The Polartec Thermal Pro fleece allows for this hat to be worn in extremely cold conditions, but not much else.

      EDIT: You need to change this to say that you don't find it useful outside of extreme cold as others may certainly find it useful for other conditions. (I have one.) To tell the truth it would be better to just describe the hat here, and put the complaints in the Performance section.

      ***The beanie has two flaps that extend down to cover both ears completely.

      EDIT: it doesn't really have flaps. It swoops down at the sides and around the back to provide coverage for the ears.

      ***and elevation from 7,000' (2,134 m) to 13,000 ' (3,962 m).

      EDIT: 13,000' (you have a space before the `)

      *** I don't think there is really any breathability at all despite what the manufacturer claims. I will start to sweat while sedentary in anything over 40 F (4 C).

      Comment: I think you are confusing breathability with warmth. My down coat is highly breathable yet I will sweat right away at 40 F in it. Breathable just means that water "vapor" will transfer through it. Sweat can't get past the AirShield (which you don't mention in the description) which is the wind-proof membrane in the fleece.

      http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Airshield/Airshield,default,pg.html

      ***As far asa the wind stopping ability that the product claims,

      EDIT: As far "as"

      *** I fall in between two sizes, so its always a crap shoot

      EDIT: it's

      ***The Mountain Hardwear Dome Perignon is a bad ass beanie

      EDIT: bad-ass (although I would not use that word myself in a review)

      *** I had no issues with getting cold in the sub freezing days

      EDIT: sub-freezing

      ***3. Ear flaps are great as long as you don't mind looking like an elf.

      Comment: I don't get it. Elf ears are pointed and you can't see your ears with this.