Re: Edit/Approval - Trail Designs Caldera Cone Keg F - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2011
      Hi Richard,

      Thank you for the edits. I made all of them.

      > Ray, fascinating OR. I really need to get over my reliance on canister stoves and give a Caldera a try.

      I really like them now for solo hiking. Jerry got me thinking about burning wood now that I am in MN where there are never any burn restrictions. So next is a found-fuel project. I am getting pricing on one right now and may start later this month, but most likely next summer.

      > Any snow yet in the North Woods? I was in Montana last week and the rain on my hike was snow about 500 feet higher.

      I was on another pre-scouting trip this weekend and spent the night in Buffalo River State Park (used the Keg F too) and it only got down to 45 F, almost 20 degrees higher than normal for this time of year. Last weekend I was in WA and OR and did get some sleet and a few snow flakes at 8,000 ft but again much warmer than I expected.